Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. This is being actively worked on at the moment. Still no dice afaik, but getting there.
2. If a backup doesn't work, an original will not work.
3. Not sure on this, though I'd imagine a copy of Freeloader would solve those problems.
4. Its not a "normal" problem - you might want to burn it again, could just be a bad burn.

Hope this helps (unsure about 5).

Rushhour77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djsika said:
if people could pm me there request i'll have a go at it, and post back my progress on this thread, thanks alot
Good to see there is progress on playing with JAP Wii with enlish text. For now i will try to use the link mentioned earlier to patch smg. If i cannot work it out i will definitely contact u!

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good work everyone. I see we've now got to the stage where we can play Jap games with Eng languages! But the process of using Trucha is still quite time consuming.. hope someone comes out with a simply 1 click and install solution
wink.gif

The only other problems we have with a Jap wii are

1) Some US/PAL games not working - hopefully fixed by future release of video mode changer
2) languages defaulting to Japanese (Trauma Center, resident evil umbrella) - probably fixable by Trucha

let's keep this thread alive for us Japanese Wii users!

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djsika said:
Kyokokoko said:
Actually I think it should be possible to patch an Iso to force it to play in a selected language, and it still hasn't been done because a) this issue is quite recent, since previous games didn't present this problem, and b) the problem hasn't been given enough publicity.

I think we should try and raise the attention of someone with the capability to look into wii games' structure, which may be something not that difficult, or it may be impossible to achieve. We still don't know. But since it seems that Jap Wii owners that do not know any japanese, like myself, are a minority, nobody is really caring about it, and if there are people that can do this, probably do not even know.

Anyone agrees?

For anybody who wants SMG in english on there jap wii & also resident evil in full english, please contact me, i've figured out how to do this, i myself have a jap wii and there really is a lack of help, any body who would like to start a thread about jap wii support go ahead and i'll be happy to post things as i discover them, - [email protected]

Yeah, I found out about changing SMG to English and I have to say, finally! Shame that I can't try it out since the adapter that powers my Wii died and I'm still waiting for the new one to arrive.

Anyway, the progress being made is exactly what we were waiting for. Yay for Jap Wii users!
happy.gif

Oh, djsika, I'm sure you'd make life easier to a lot of people if you share all you find out in this thread.

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mwaddoups said:
1. This is being actively worked on at the moment. Still no dice afaik, but getting there.
2. If a backup doesn't work, an original will not work.
3. Not sure on this, though I'd imagine a copy of Freeloader would solve those problems.
4. Its not a "normal" problem - you might want to burn it again, could just be a bad burn.

Hope this helps (unsure about 5).

Thanks.
grog.gif

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
darkgunsou86 said:
but some long texts are out of the speech bubble. u gain some but lose some i guess.

yea... maybe someone will figure out how to edit the .arc file and change the font size/speech bubble size? =P

btw anyone got their hands on a SSBB(US) and tried it on their jpn wii yet?

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello ppl,

Is it safe for me to go online (Wii Internet Connection) to get my Wii J Console with Wiikey upgrade to 3.2 J firmware? Please advise me as I am not sure because I heard some say yes while some don't. Is it safe to get it installed?

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
josho said:
Hello ppl,

Is it safe for me to go online (Wii Internet Connection) to get my Wii J Console with Wiikey upgrade to 3.2 J firmware? Please advise me as I am not sure because I heard some say yes while some don't. Is it safe to get it installed?
yes, it's safe. confirmed it myself.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
epu708 said:
josho said:
Hello ppl,

yes, it's safe. confirmed it myself.

Cool, great! Thanks a million!

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't tested it yet siokzz, but I don't think so at all, since with the language patcher you are using the NTSC-U ISO without any change, you are just forcing it to use the language you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw