Iwata: Wii successor might have 3D tech

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
wii.jpg

Nintendo is keeping 3D tech adoption confined to the portable side of things. The Wii won't get 3D support, but as Nintendo president Satoru Iwata recently revealed, the next Nintendo home console might.

Iwata told the Nihon Keizai Shimbun yesterday that while technical limitations keep the Wii free of 3D tech, they're actively monitoring 3DTV adoption rates to figure out when exactly they should enter that particular gaming market.

QUOTE said:
"If you display a 3D image, the image quality becomes extremely bad, so we'd probably do it with the next system, he said. "We're thinking that the timing should be once the 3D television adoption rates crosses the 30% mark. We're looking at the adoption trends."

Source

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean that the Wii 2 may increase in graphics too?
tongue.gif

err... I'm not planning to get a 3DTV any time soon :/

If they do this , they might have more features to back it up like the 3DS.

edit: wii 2 aka wii 3D
tongue.gif
is what I meant.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO 3D tv's are just as much a gimmick to sell tv's as the "digital tuner" was they changed the signal from analog to digital in order to sell more tv's because people don't tend to buy tv's often(or at least i don't) unless they have to(or in the digital tuners case are forced too at least buy a tuner box).
though it will probably reach 30% seeing as people buy crap in order to have to buy more crap.
(e.g. buy 1 3dtv get 1 pair glasses then have to buy 4 more pairs, and have to buy different kinds of glasses for different 3dtv brands)
it's all gimmicks to make money, i can't imagine the long term effects on your vision from watching 3d tv content for 3 to 5 hours a day(some people even watch tv much longer than that.)
and it does affect your vision (hence the 3D intensity switch on the 3DS.)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
3d is never gonna be a success until there is a way to view it without them god damn glasses. they've done it with the 3ds all they have to do now is make it work on a larger tv and view it further back. they'll have to invent the holo-projectors to do that
tongue.gif

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it is not based on 3D and you could turn off the 3D.

As i have no interest on buying a 3DTV as it is pointless and it costs alot.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fuck 3d i don't know why every1 is so obsessed with it all it does it bring on a massive headache as long as you've got to wear them ridiculous glasses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay