Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
GNM5i.png
Some of the points of interest:
QUOTE said:
What’s more, even the same person will desire differing depth of stereoscopy depending on the situation, and think things like, “I want it to be more three-dimensional here,” or “Now I want it flat.” So we thought we would make Nintendo 3DS so players can choose the depth of stereoscopy, and what’s more, instinctively and easily adjust it to each situation.
QUOTE said:
It seems like Pikmin is perfect for 3D.
QUOTE said:
Virtual Boy was, I think, a commercial failure. Normally, I think it would have been understandable if Nintendo experienced a kind of trauma with regard to the whole 3D genre. But Nintendo continued to doggedly make attempts in 3D technology. And you could say that those attempts have now finally borne fruit. I feel like that is an interesting progression of topics.
QUOTEYes, that’s right. Making three-dimensional images that can be seen by the naked eye requires a special liquid crystal, so we tested it out by putting it in the Game Boy Advance SP. But the resolution of LCD was low then, so it didn’t look that great and it never made it to being a product.

In order to make images look three-dimensional without special glasses, you display the images for the left and right eyes separately, and deliver each one separately. To do that you need high resolution and high-precision technology. We didn’t have that to a sufficient degree back then, so the stereoscopic effect wasn’t very sharp.
To go back a little further, the Nintendo GameCube system actually had 3D-compatible circuitry built in.
icon11.gif
Source

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These Iwata Asks! are normally really boring, but I found this one interesting to read.
Looking forward to the 3DS now.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the 3ds is commercially successful....Nintendo deserves this as they have been working with 3d a long time....and I'm sure they would all rejoice if all that hard work finally paid off....
Being the first gaming company to truly utilize 3d is no small feat.

(I don't count the fact that Sony has a few games which support 3d because not many people can utilize this....and I've seen it first hand...It was neat but in the end it felt like a gimmick)

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 a dev team making Super Smash Bros. Mele3D

Too bad it would only work on 3DTVs, so I wouldn't be able to test it anyway. (That and I don't think the "3D circuitry" required made it into the Wii's backwards compatibility.)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I wish I could ring a little bell every time I see "(laughs)" in these articles.

Anyway, it's a shame Nints didn't implement 3D in the SP because of it's low-resiness. How much could've a 320X240 display cost back then?

Oh well, at least they're making things right soon. [snailface looks at his crappy avatar and smiles]
smile.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pyrmon24 said:
iFish said:
pyrmon24 said:
I wonder if I' the only one who's going to turn off the 3D
unsure.gif

I will.

Any form of 3D makes my head hurt.
I think it's kind of useless. Plus it might ruin my eyeballs, apparently.

Anything can ruin your eyes though...
Remember they said the same thing about boxy TVs
nyanya.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
iFish said:
pyrmon24 said:
unsure.gif

I will.

But the glasses-less 3D is what the whole console is about. If you turn off the 3D, you've basically got an upgraded DSi. :/
3D cameras, 3D graphics, 3D Augmented Reality (I hope they do something Pokemon with AR), and I'm sure there's other stuff we haven't seen yet. All of that pointless. :/

I hope you'll at least turn on the 3D and try it out before saying it gives you headaches.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
pyrmon24 said:
iFish said:
pyrmon24 said:
unsure.gif

I will.

But the glasses-less 3D is what the whole console is about. If you turn off the 3D, you've basically got an upgraded DSi. :/
3D cameras, 3D graphics, 3D Augmented Reality (I hope they do something Pokemon with AR), and I'm sure there's other stuff we haven't seen yet. All of that pointless. :/

I hope you'll at least turn on the 3D and try it out before saying it gives you headaches.
Honestly....I dislike 3D...I think its stupid...But yet i'll be one of the first in line to get the 3Ds....why? Because Nintendo has never disappointed, and because i've always supported their handhelds (Got every one since gameboy pocket) .....ohh and that OoT remake and my obsession with animal crossing aren't giving me much choice

But I will at least try the 3d...who knows I might like it....

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I had my first 3DS dream the night before (which I believe was right when this was taking place, adjusting for time zone difference). Coincidence?
ohmy.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
Weird, I had my first 3DS dream the night before (which I believe was right when this was taking place, adjusting for time zone difference). Coincidence?
ohmy.gif

Witch! Burn the witch!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free