Hacking I've read all the reviews (recommend me a cart)

CrazyConshy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading all of the reviews, I've narrowed it down to the M3i, AK2i, and CycloDS Evolution.
I would only want it for playing ROMs. The AK2i seems like the obvious choice, but the M3 and CycloDS have such cool features. :/

For those of you who have the M3i or CycloDS, are the extra features worth it?

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AK2i is for pretty much ONLY Roms and homebrew and stuff
M3i0 has RTS and other features.

I used both, but I got m3i for the extra features
(and i accidentally bricked mine via 1.4 update file)

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cyclo is worth the extra money if you have a DSL or Phat. Mine runs rock solid. The Acekard 2.1 is an awesome all around cart and its cheap to boot.
I personally prefer the superior build quality and simplicty of the Cyclo more.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In my opinion, if you own a DsPhat or a Dslite, and you are not going to upgrade to Dsi soon , you should buy CycloDS evolution. I don´t own it, but i have read many reviews, and many people say it's the best for those 2.

-If you want to buy a Dsi, then Acekard 2i and M3i Zero are two good options. If you want to play Roms( AkAIO, from what i´ve read, has an amazing compatibility ), without many special features( Like RTS, slowmotion, etc) , and if you don't own so much money, go with The Acekard.

-If you want to Play roms ( Sakura firmware, like Akaio, it's also very good ) with amazing special features ( like RTS, Slowmotion, etc) go with the M3i Zero.( that's the one i will buy for my Dsi)

That's my modest opinion

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend the m3i. Even if you dont think you'll use the features, its still good to have them because you may change your mind in the future. I bought mine without even caring for RTS, and when I used it once just to try it out, I got hooked and instantly started using it on a regular basis for certain games.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
If you have a DSi or plan to buy a DSi in the near future, Flip a coin to decide M3i and AK2i.
I don't own a Dsi to know which one is best, but apparently they're the cream of the crop when it comes to DSi compatable flash carts.

If you have a DSLite or older, Cyclo DS no question. It boasts a formidable list of features as well as some of the best ROM compatibility of any cart made. And every stable firmware release always has new features as well as game fixes if they're needed. There have been many times a DS Blockbluster has hit the scene and its fully playable on Cyclo as is while other cart owners have to wait and tamper/patch with the rom's hex code to get it to work. The only thing thats lacking with the Cyclo is it's somewhat bland (But functional) GUI, and from what I can tell one of the DSi carts supports exceptional Moonshell capabilities able to use Moonshell to play MP3's in the cart's GUI. Also Cyclo does your taxes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol