Hacking I've never updated my switch, got it on release, can I use the new hack or update from a game?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Only thing I'm worried about is I don't have the internet browser? Is it not necessary?
For the foreseeable future, an internet browser will be required. Finding a game exploit that is also accessible without save editing (meaning it doesn't require a browser to install the exploit the first time) is difficult especially early in a console's life span when there aren't many games available. No Switch games that I'm aware of load unencrypted data from the SD card. The photo album is a potential entrypoint, it's one of the few things (or the only thing?) that load unencrypted data from the SD card, but so far it seems like the photo album is pretty secure as it won't even load custom images. The thumbnail can be modified though, so that's something at least. QR code exploits like we used on the 3DS are out for the moment, as nothing I'm aware of uses QR codes. Something like that might be possible in the future though, as the right JoyCon does have a camera.
So you will need a game to update to 2.x (no game with 3.0 exists yet)

Reactions: Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the foreseeable future, an internet browser will be required. Finding a game exploit that is also accessible without save editing (meaning it doesn't require a browser to install the exploit the first time) is difficult especially early in a console's life span when there aren't many games available. No Switch games that I'm aware of load unencrypted data from the SD card. The photo album is a potential entrypoint, it's one of the few things (or the only thing?) that load unencrypted data from the SD card, but so far it seems like the photo album is pretty secure as it won't even load custom images. The thumbnail can be modified though, so that's something at least. QR code exploits like we used on the 3DS are out for the moment, as nothing I'm aware of uses QR codes. Something like that might be possible in the future though, as the right JoyCon does have a camera.
So you will need a game to update to 2.x (no game with 3.0 exists yet)
Thank you, I really don't mind renting or buying a game for the exploit, would a game give me the internet browser? I know on 3ds you only got it if you did an internet update.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you, I really don't mind renting or buying a game for the exploit, would a game give me the internet browser? I know on 3ds you only got it if you did an internet update.
I believe so. I read earlier today that only two Switch games so far come with an update, one of them being Splatoon 2, don't remember what the other one is. Too bad that game is way more fun online, which you won't be able to try without updating to the latest version.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was Splatoon 2 & Arms I think. Just checked below some of the other threads and it looks like MK8 & Zelda BOTW work fine on 1.0.0

I got arms and I think at the time of release it required 2.3.0 or a FW around 2.0 to play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-