I've got a D2C board :/

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by battousai8728, Feb 19, 2008.

Feb 19, 2008

I've got a D2C board :/ by battousai8728 at 6:20 AM (1,008 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. battousai8728
    OP

Newcomer battousai8728 Member

United States
    Well, I have a D2C Board, and I've been reading mixed things about D2CPro and D2Pro (apparently, two different things). Which one is better? And what's the best method to install these things? Directly soldering to the chip seems really hard and very hard to do. Is there another way?

2. drock360

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, the modchips for a D2C board are D2Ckey, Argon, and D2CPro, a newer modchip made by the same team as D2Ckey. I would recommend the D2CPro because it is the newest and it is an upgrade of the D2Ckey. There are two ways to install this. You can solder it straight onto the Wii board or you can solder it onto a device called a Wiilip and solder that onto your board. Either way, you still have to solder onto the board.

3. Tweaked

Member Tweaked GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    drock stated it well.

I got my d2ckey a few days ago, i havent had to use region frii or anything on quite a few games. mind you i made sure i had the latest wii firmware before playing anything

4. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    D2Cpro is a clone of d2ckey. I think you meant D2pro [​IMG]

5. battousai8728
    OP

Newcomer battousai8728 Member

United States
    But I've read that the Wlip does not support D2C chips, is that true? If not, how does one use the Wlip with the D2C chip?