Gaming i've been out of the loop recently...

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
whats come out recently that's been worth playing?

i haven't been keeping up with releases for the last few months, so i'm guessing i've missed alot.

i'm not much a fan of RPGs so unless it's something that's insanely epic and has little grindan' i'm not interested.

thanks
smile.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
In roughly chronological order:
  • Bangai-O Spirits shames the good name of Bangai-O, but people seem to love it.
  • I hate N+ and hope everyone behind it dies, but it's pretty popular.
  • Commando: Steel Disaster is a decent Metal Slug clone.
  • Final Fantasy IV is Final Fantasy IV.
  • A lot of people were excited about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed before release, didn't play it myself.
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra is the best Kirby game of all time. Better than the original.
  • Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood is supposed to be decent, but not as great as was hoped. Haven't played it.
  • Disgaea DS is Disgaea ... on DS. If you like Disgaea, go for it.
  • Time Hollow is a great (but short) point and click adventure.
  • Line Rider 2: Unbound got a lot of hype, but everybody hated it on release. I enjoy it, but it's not the kind of game you can get engrossed in.
  • People love Zubo for some reason. I think it's horrible crap, but hey.
That'll do for now.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I enjoyed Spore Creatures, although it's worth noting that I beat it in a day. It gets a lot more enjoyable when you finish it and can start using cheats. Before that, you're kind of forced to use the "best parts" available to you, so there's not really much of an option for customisation. Once you're invincible, though, it doesn't matter so much if you use low-defense but cool-looking parts to build your creature.

The main game is hugely linear, and besides that the only other thing to do is collect stuff, so if neither of these interest you, give it a miss. I have no problem with linearity, though, and I can stand collecting stuff if it means I can make my creature look cooler.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vague Rant said:
  • Bangai-O Spirits shames the good name of Bangai-O, but people seem to love it.
  • A lot of people were excited about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed before release, didn't play it myself.
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra is the best Kirby game of all time. Better than the original.
  • Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood is supposed to be decent, but not as great as was hoped. Haven't played it.
  • Line Rider 2: Unbound got a lot of hype, but everybody hated it on release. I enjoy it, but it's not the kind of game you can get engrossed in.
That'll do for now.

Holy crap, you've got the worst taste EVER..

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe Moo said:
Vague Rant said:
That'll do for now.

Holy crap, you've got the worst taste EVER..
UNBELIEVABLY true.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hrm... I don't think he meant that personally he likes those games, but rather that they had come out recently. Spiderman WoS is worth playing, definitely, maybe some CoD WaW. I've been playing the new Pokemon Ranger myself, although I can't see myself putting a LOT of hours into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.