‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
QUOTE said:
500x_iphoneline.jpg

It seems the iPhone 4 is enticing enough for some fans to begin camping outside their local stores not the night before but the week before.
Justin has a rather sweet setup for his little holiday including an eski full of drinks, apple store employees waiting on him hand and foot and even an extension cable for power to charge his iPhone 3gs
QUOTE said:
Greeting to everyone from your famous camper! This is my first official post for MacRumors. One of the users printed off a copy of the thread and brought it to me and I thought it would be fun to join the conversation.

Some would say I am crazy, but I say I'm a very determined fan. In fact I just might be one the biggest Apple fans you will actually meet. I have been the first costumer for this store since 2008 when the iPhone 3G was released.

Normally I only camp out over night, but since I do not work due to the fact I am disabled with a seizure disorder and I am not in school at the point, I figure I just make it a fun experience and do it for a week.

Yes I did reserve a phone, but again, I'm doing it for a fun experience. I haven't had a trip or vacation in past 10 years so I figured I make it a full week camping trip.

My setup and location has everything I could need to live for a week, even in the Texas heat. Tent is packed with a sleeping gear, a chair, full ice chest of drinks and food, and the Apple staff have been very nice to me treating me like a king. LOL I also brought a extension power cord for phone charging and things that need power. There is even a portable toilet around the back of the store if needed.

That been said, I'm actually doing really well out here. If anyone gets a chance, come join the fun!

Justin

I'd make some insensitive crack about this guy but according to the source he is disabled..

Source: Stormbit.net via Dallas News

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
apple fanboys are annoying, why do they try to force them self in the console wars, its Nintendo, Microsoft, & Sony, they all do game consoles, apple has no game console buy there fanboys swear that the iPhone is.
& they troll.

i had a iphone, its nice as a phone with features, but we actually have game consoles like DS & 3DS is coming.
all games are fun but im sure a game on actual game console will always be better than a game on a phone. no matter what phone that is.

sonic 4 is going to iphone(i was hoping it would be DS or 3DS
cry.gif
) i can get the wii version tho.
sonic colors is coming to wii & DS, also a sonic 3DS game is commgin so im ok.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
apple fanboys are annoying, why do they try to force them self in the console wars, its Nintendo, Microsoft, & Sony, they all do game consoles, apple has no game console buy there fanboys swear that the iPhone is.
& they troll.
Last time i checked, ALL fanboys were annoying...

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a documentary on Hulu called Macheads. Towards the end it goes on to explore how sad the userbase has gotten since the iProducts started coming out. This is no surprise to me.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The difference from him, and an idiot in a Stormtrooper outfit camping for a movie, is he made it plain he is disabled, and thus is not actually throwing away valuable time.

He made it clear it was just a light hearted gag notion he could actually afford to indulge.

All fans are nuts, but he at least acknowledges this is possible mainly because he has nothing else he has to be attending to.

You know what, people come in two types. Fucking boring people, and people willing to have some laughs.

I am disabled too. I could almost do something as crazy. Although my disability would frown on camping out on a sidewalk.

But I have nothing stopping me from right over the top anime cosplay.
The only thing that has ever stopped me, was I just do NOT have the right body shape at all (I also don't like fat girls ignoring their limitations for the most part).

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A week camping outside and he still has to pay a sizeable sum for the product. This guy is crazy, but eh... so long as he is enjoying himself.
mellow.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You can do whatever you want that you consider fun, and somebody will be nearby to tell you you're an idiot for being happy.

In my opinion, those are the sad ones, the people who get their kicks raining on other people's parades.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear god. I can understand the night before, maybe even the day before but a week?!?!?! JESUS CHRIST!!!
I'll be the first to admit I don't like Apple too much. The only product of theirs I show any interest in is the iPod Touch/iPhone as I love shiny touchscreens. iPods are too limited in terms of music formats and all Apple products are overpriced BUT I understand that some people like them enough to warrant £999 for a base Macbook (seriously?). This, however, takes it too far in my opinion. SEND IN THE MEN IN WHITE COATS I SAY!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I do not like any Apple products at all due to their pricing, but I can kind of see the fun in this kind of thing. Doing stupid things like waiting a week just because you feel like it must be hilarious as hell for him. To others? Maybe not as much.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like how people reserve all judgement on a product based solely on its pricing. Happens with everything. If the guy wants to camp out for a week so what? He's not harming anyone, and a little outdoors is always good.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
antwill said:
I like how people reserve all judgement on a product based solely on its pricing.
Problem here is that there are many things comparable to a Macbook or iMac that are considerably cheaper. The Mac OS, while nice, never feels worth the premium to me.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
antwill said:
I like how people reserve all judgement on a product based solely on its pricing.
Problem here is that there are many things comparable to a Macbook or iMac that are considerably cheaper. The Mac OS, while nice, never feels worth the premium to me.
I wasn't talking specifically about the macbook or imac. Just people's attitudes towards products in general. I've seen people hate on the Kinect due to it's pricing, on the Move, on the 3DS... I guess it's only natural for some narrowminded people?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon