It’s time Kingdom Hearts returns to console - Nomura

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If he excludes the 360, then he's going to just ruin the chance of gaining shit loads of money.
lol, define shit loads of money.
ffxiii sold 1,501,964 units in Japan (1.7 million by the end of the year), in north america, ps3 sold 800k and 360 sold under 500k

edit: also nobody is saying they want it a ps3 exclusive in here what are you on about

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it'll be multiplatform, mainly because no KH game thus far has ever been multiplat. Plus, most of Japan hates the 360 TBH, so putting it on that system isn't the most sensible idea. If it does indeed go multiplat, I'd expect it on the WiiU, honestly, but that's stretching it even further.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I seriously hope they'll make the remakes for PSVita. I could never play KH, KH2 and KH re: Chain of Memories because I don't have a PS2.
And playing it on emulator is just not the same.
I'm also more of a handheld gamer so that's another plus.

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it'll be multiplatform, mainly because no KH game thus far has ever been multiplat. Plus, most of Japan hates the 360 TBH, so putting it on that system isn't the most sensible idea. If it does indeed go multiplat, I'd expect it on the WiiU, honestly, but that's stretching it even further.

Same with Final Fantasy. Until, you know, the 13th edition. Just sayin'.

Anyway, I personally think that they're going to say, "Since KH is becoming such a belove title in everyone's library, we decided to make it a classic title as well. You will see KH3 release solely for the NES system."

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyway, I personally think that they're going to say, "Since KH is becoming such a belove title in everyone's library, we decided to make it a classic title as well. You will see KH3 release solely for the NES system."
Hence why I said it's not the most sensible idea; there were death threats actually made to the CEO of Squeenix over the 360 release in Japan.

And KH on the NES would be the shit.

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not in japan and was only considered for 360 very late in development. just sayin.
But it still happened. Just sayin'.

Hence why I said it's not the most sensible idea; there were death threats actually made to the CEO of Squeenix over the 360 release in Japan.

And KH on the NES would be the shit.
To me, death threats are just another form of criticism, nothing more. The form of criticism is just the lowest form and rarely can be taken seriously because it's most likely from someone with quite the God complex.

And yes, it would be. I don't see how they could go wrong with it. I think we should start a petition for said release.

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KH sells better in the west. 360 is currently surpassing every other console in sales in the west. It wouldn't be that strange to see it in the 360. That is, if it were to be released this generation.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So fans cry for years for him to make a KH game on a console again, the pleas fall on deaf ears, and now he thinks it's time to return to consoles?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If he excludes the 360, then he's going to just ruin the chance of gaining shit loads of money.
lol, define shit loads of money.
ffxiii sold 1,501,964 units in Japan (1.7 million by the end of the year), in north america, ps3 sold 800k and 360 sold under 500k

edit: also nobody is saying they want it a ps3 exclusive in here what are you on about

I personally hope he makes KH remakes for PS3/Vita and for the next KH, I'd prefer for him to skip PS3 and move to next gen, which will surely be out by then, but either way its fine. Next gen - Better quality KH. PS3

The Japanese prefer the PS3 therefore, any Japanese games will outsell the 360 version while the 360 is obviously outselling the PS3 in the west therefore, it is missing the chance of gaining money from making the game multi plat.

Nomura is going to shoot himself in the foot if he makes it a PS3 exclusive.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese prefer the PS3 therefore, any Japanese games will outsell the 360 version while the 360 is obviously outselling the PS3 in the west therefore, it is missing the chance of gaining money from making the game multi plat.

But like no one in the west gives a shit. If they were really waiting for Kingdom Hearts III, why would they but a Xbox 360 knowing the last two main series games were on the PS2?

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Confirmed KHIII wont be a PS exclusive
Or that Kingdom Hearts HD will be on a number of systems. (360, PS3, Vita)
VersusXIII is almost finished by now(I hope so) and is expected to release this year.
No. We don't know how far development is for Versus or when it will be released. Versus isn't being shown at E3 so that's saying something.

Seeing as SE in general releases games for all platforms, 360 included, if they do release an HD remake or port, I'm pretty sure they'd include a 360 version, seeing as the 360 does have plenty of users in the west, not to mention they could also be getting some new fans into the series (some people that never really bothered to own a PS2 but got a 360).

Most of Japan may hate the 360 like you say, yet most of my 360 games are japanese RPG's (and they're quite a few), not to mention prominent Japanese games like theidolm@[member='ster'], Soulcalibur, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter, Dynasty Warriors, Armored Core and a few others.

I seriously hope they'll make the remakes for PSVita. I could never play KH, KH2 and KH re: Chain of Memories because I don't have a PS2.

They could be for the Vita, 3DS or 360 and PS3, he didn't really say anything about the Vita, only that it was similar to the PS3, which didn't sound like a good thing since being very similar, kinda makes the games the same.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

But like no one in the west gives a shit. If they were really waiting for Kingdom Hearts III, why would they but a Xbox 360 knowing the last two main series games were on the PS2?

You can ask the same question to those who demanded Final Fantasy 13 Xbox 360 version even though most including myself never thought we'd see Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox 360.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

They could be for the Vita, 3DS or 360 and PS3, he didn't really say anything about the Vita, only that it was similar to the PS3, which didn't sound like a good thing since being very similar, kinda makes the games the same.

I know but I'm just hopeful.

Finally. The NDS Kingdom Hearts games were terrible.

I didn't think the NDS games were terrible. Kinda different in controls, but still worth it for the story in my eyes.
And still a lot better than Chain of Memories in my eyes.
But if you compare them to BBS and KH 1 and 2 they were less good.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I know but I'm just hopeful.
Personally I'd prefer the games to be on a home console, I loved the games for the PS2, however I rarely used the "Pause" button, which is something I often use in handheld games, well, I'd get them even if they went portable.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Seeing as SE in general releases games for all platforms, 360 included, if they do release an HD remake or port, I'm pretty sure they'd include a 360 version, seeing as the 360 does have plenty of users in the west, not to mention they could also be getting some new fans into the series (some people that never really bothered to own a PS2 but got a 360).
FFX HD says hi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4