It's this time of year again (Nintendo 2013 edition)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Account system
Lack of cross buy
The process to patch games on 3DS taking fucking ages
A better notification system
Friend codes
An easier method of adding friends on 3DS

Y'know just generally not being complete shit.

Patches don't take that long for me on the 3DS.

I do agree with the notification system. I don't know how to do it on the 3ds, but on the WiiU, I'd like a little notification on the top of the screen, perhaps the same thing could be done with the 3DS. I missed so many monster hunter hunts on the WiiU because I don't see the notification thing on the GamePad, because I'm playing with the Pro Controller, and looking at the tv.

Those are my only gripes with the system. But hey, the PS3 and 360 weren't perfect, took a while to iron things out.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I'm up for an acheivement system. This'll definetely make games more interesting.
But like always, I dismiss all rumors until it's confirmed.
This isn't just a rumour thread, you see, it's also for you to speculate and discuss anything E3 related that has been confirmed ^_^
EDIT: Nvm, misunderstood, sorry >.<

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Patches don't take that long for me on the 3DS.
out.

I'm not talking about how long patches take to download, I'm talking about the process in getting patches up. The European of Devil Survivor Overclocked was released in broken state to a point of being unplayable on the 28th March. The patch to fix those problems was only released yesterday. Two months after the fucking game was released. The development of the patch by Atlus and the testing by the game's publisher Ghostlight took around two and a half weeks in all. The patch was submitted and spend around three weeks at NoE and than after that it was sent to Japan where the patch was than made available two weeks later.

That process was fucking ridiculous, I doubt NoE would have bundles of patches to fix so the length and the convoluted process of it was unacceptable. The hoops the patch had to go through is just absurd. And the real funny thing is Ghostlight stated Nintendo would do all they can to get the patch out in the quickest way possible.

Those are my only gripes with the system. But hey, the PS3 and 360 weren't perfect, took a while to iron things out.

The differene being the PS3 and 360 didn't have any other models (other than PC) to look at when developing their online ecosystems. The 3DS and WiiU were released at a time when consumers had developed a relatively high level of expectations of what they want for an online system. And Nintendo have poor, really poor with their online system. They lack basic features.

Reactions: Gahars
D

Deleted_171835

Account system
Lack of cross buy
The process to patch games on 3DS taking fucking ages
A better notification system
Friend codes
An easier method of adding friends on 3DS

Y'know just generally not being complete shit.
+ Unified online system.

It's pretty shameful on Nintendo's part that the online infrastructure between the 3DS and Wii U still aren't properly linked. They have separate eShops, separate friend lists, separate notifications, hell one system has friend code and the other uses actual accounts. They've had like 5 years to work on this and they still don't got their shit together.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo is hyping it up! http://e3.nintendo.com/
Right now, it's giving me a Pikmin silhouette, what about you, guys? Do you think those silhouettes give any possible hints? Discuss!

EDIT: Oh, it turns out you get a different silhouette every time you refresh! Neat, huh? And they confirmed that the coverage will continue after the E3 Direct throughout E3 with game trailers, interviews, and more.

EDIT2: They confirmed that you can try four unreleased games in select BestBuy retailers. Will update the first post ASAP. In the meantime, discuss!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
+ Unified online system.

It's pretty shameful on Nintendo's part that the online infrastructure between the 3DS and Wii U still aren't properly linked. They have separate eShops, separate friend lists, separate notifications, hell one system has friend code and the other uses actual accounts. They've had like 5 years to work on this and they still don't got their shit together.

Who cares if they're linked. Oh what, your friend from your 3DS signed on? Big fucking whoop-de-doo.

Nintendo is hyping it up! http://e3.nintendo.com/
Right now, it's giving me a Pikmin silhouette, what about you, guys? Do you think those silhouettes give any possible hints? Discuss!

EDIT: Oh, it turns out you get a different silhouette every time you refresh! Neat, huh? And they confirmed that the coverage will continue after the E3 Direct throughout E3 with game trailers, interviews, and more.

EDIT2: They confirmed that you can try four unreleased games in select BestBuy retailers. Will update the first post ASAP. In the meantime, discuss!

What they need to do is release the demo's on eShop. Us Canadians, and as far as I can tell Europeans too, don't get the Best Buy thing.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Who cares if they're linked. Oh what, your friend from your 3DS signed on? Big fucking whoop-de-doo.

What they need to do is release the demo's on eShop. Us Canadians, and as far as I can tell Europeans too, don't get the Best Buy thing.
Actually, Canada is included.
Alberta
Edmonton
Calgary (2 locations)
British Columbia
Vancouver
Langley
Richmond
Manitoba
Winnipeg
Nova Scotia
Dartmouth
Ontario
North York
Toronto
Mississauga
Windsor
London
Ottawa
Kingston
Brampton
Oakville
Quebec
Montreal
Lasalle
Saskatchewan
Saskatoon

But I agree, they should let the rest of the world enjoy their demos too >.<

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, Canada is included.
Alberta
Edmonton
Calgary (2 locations)
British Columbia
Vancouver
Langley
Richmond
Manitoba
Winnipeg
Nova Scotia
Dartmouth
Ontario
North York
Toronto
Mississauga
Windsor
London
Ottawa
Kingston
Brampton
Oakville
Quebec
Montreal
Lasalle
Saskatchewan
Saskatoon

But I agree, they should let the rest of the world enjoy their demos too >.<
Where'd you find that?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Or you know, maybe having access to a VC title on both platforms without having to buy it twice if/when they're available on both, cloud saves for both systems when they finally get implemented, the removal of FC and the benefits that come with that, ability to redownload games on a new replacement console, and other things that I may be forgetting. C'mon, 3DS's online still seems kinda archaic even in comparison to the Wii U's. I really hope they do overhaul their online infrastructure and announce that they are at E3.

Merge it all into a single Miiverse/Club Nintendo account. One thing that already bugs me is how useless the Wii U's "Friend List" is compared to the Miiverse. When you add people in the Friend List menu it doesn't even send a friend request, while in the Miiverse you can search for your friend and request there. I mean, this all should be possible with firmware updates now, unlike how it was with the DS.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope for some structure upgrades to their online/accounts. I think its really dumb that...​
A. Your limited to 5 3DS console transfers then your cut off (Damaged systems/repairs could easily screw you over)​
B. If you lose your 3DS or WiiU somehow, your screwed out of all your data/downloads​
Other than that, I just want some Smash Bros, Fire Emblem X SMT, Mario, and Zelda information. Anything more than that is icing on the cake. Also, I swear if Tharja gets in SMB, I'm gonna have a fangasm. (Though, re-adding Roy would make me a Nintendo fan for life)​

Also...it freaking figures that the state I moved out of is having an Best Buy event right up the street from my old place, and in Ohio the closest one is 50+ miles away

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hey guys this is being INCREDIBLY hopeful, but Retro have been working on their project for about 2-3 years.
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts came out 5 YEARS AGO.
So what's the hold up with Rare making a new one? They've been making a lot of games that don't sell too well and nuts and bolts sold well, so I don't see why they wouldn't make another.
I am grasping onto the hope that there was a secret arrangement where Retro gets to make Banjo Kazooie for the Wii U.
Metroid just doesn't seem enough like a thing to keep a secret over, with Other M being released 3 years ago and all...

D

Dork

I hope Retro's project is Metroid Prime 4, or a successor to Prime, man those games were great.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo confirmed the E3 Direct to be an hour long! Pretty awesome, huh? That means we get more stuff than usual :D

Hey guys this is being INCREDIBLY hopeful, but Retro have been working on their project for about 2-3 years.
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts came out 5 YEARS AGO.
So what's the hold up with Rare making a new one? They've been making a lot of games that don't sell too well and nuts and bolts sold well, so I don't see why they wouldn't make another.
I am grasping onto the hope that there was a secret arrangement where Retro gets to make Banjo Kazooie for the Wii U.
Metroid just doesn't seem enough like a thing to keep a secret over, with Other M being released 3 years ago and all...
Sadly, Microsoft holds the right for Banjo.

Check this out.
Now that's the stuff! Freakin' awesome ^_^ thanks for sharing, I might add this to the second post ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf