Hardware Its posible take out Battery to Switch/Switch Pro Controller and play?

trunske

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just looking for someone could confirm if it's possible play without battery in the Switch Console without battery and if it's possible do the same with the Swith Pro Controller?
I'm not interested to play Switch while travel to places where there arent Plugs. I just want to play into train, and rooms like hotel I wanted ask about that if someone had tried already and can confirm.

The Switch Pro Controller it's for use it with computer and play emulator there.

PD: On Wii U this is totally Possible, I can confirm that I play Wii U Gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller without Batteries

Last edited by trunske,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT???

not sure what your saying it seems to make no sense.
The switch has a build in battery. If you hook a charger to it it will run.
The pro controller is bluetooth but also usb. So if it has a charger going to it it will work.

So what are you asking?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The shell of the SPC is transparent so it looks like it can be removed without too much hassle. Give it a try yourself. ;)

trunske

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The shell of the SPC is transparent so it looks like it can be removed without too much hassle. Give it a try yourself. ;)
I have not Switch yet, and I'm waiting for someone would do it before to go buy it xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WHAT???

not sure what your saying it seems to make no sense.
The switch has a build in battery. If you hook a charger to it it will run.
The pro controller is bluetooth but also usb. So if it has a charger going to it it will work.

So what are you asking?

I know, but I had really bad experience with battery, I prefer take out them totally, and not use it them at all. I ask if it's possible play with charger all the time without battery inside

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know this means taking apart the system. They dont just pop out.
AS far as the switch goes i doubt it would work if the battery is discounted. Kinda like a cellphone working without a battery. (90% of the new ones wont power on)

The pro controller might work without the battery connect. But its a pretty dumb thing to so. There is no reason for it

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You may be waiting a long time...
I have not Switch yet, and I'm waiting for someone would do it before to go buy it xD

You may be waiting a long time. What is your issue with having a battery in the device anyway? Are you concerned that in 5 years down the road the battery will die, the device will stop working and you won't be able to find a replacement battery?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I can tell you that for the exception of YouTubers, Modders and stupid people (falls under YouTubers too), no one will be unnecessarily opening their Pro Controller to remove the battery from it. Taking a look at it, as shown below, it should come off very easily like a phone's battery.

48419d67-c3ae-4c10-8bf9-8ca1cb4521ff

lzb9D5K.png

The pro controller might work without the battery connect. But its a pretty dumb thing to so. There is no reason for it
Ditto.

cal1

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
*bump*

has anybody tried this in the meantime?

I have already learnt that the console doesn't work without a (functional) battery, even when docked. But what about a Pro Controller that is plugged in without a battery?

Last edited by cal1,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*bump*

has anybody tried this in the meantime?

I have already learnt that the console doesn't work without a (functional) battery, even when docked. But what about a Pro Controller that is plugged in without a battery?
Try it yourself and report back.
It shouldn't cost you more than 70€.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
This is actually an interesting idea and something I've been toying with. Mounting the switch permanently in my car headrest.

If it operates without the battery, could wire it to the permanent live, without worrying it will discharge the car battery whilst the engine is off.

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I will necro this old thread asking the same question regarding the pro controller (i've been googling and found nothing). I want a pro controller only if i can ditch the battery (i wish you could remove the switch's battery also, 2-3 years of use before dangerous bulging is really something i don't look foward too).

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will necro this old thread asking the same question regarding the pro controller (i've been googling and found nothing). I want a pro controller only if i can ditch the battery (i wish you could remove the switch's battery also, 2-3 years of use before dangerous bulging is really something i don't look foward too).
It's quite easy to remove the Switch battery. I've done it multiple times already.

Same goes for the controller.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I've seen those videos, my question was if i can still use the procontroller without the battery (wired, of course). I mean i have and the battery died, years ago i simply took it apart and removed it, and the joystick stick works like a charm.

Reactions: Lt. Lynx

langer8191

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, it is possible to use a pro controller without a battery. I am using it now plugged into a random usb charger and it connects via Bluetooth to the switch.

Reactions: WallsAreLiquid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-