Its posible take out Battery to Switch/Switch Pro Controller and play?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by trunske, Mar 20, 2017.

1. trunske
    OP

trunske GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    I was just looking for someone could confirm if it's possible play without battery in the Switch Console without battery and if it's possible do the same with the Swith Pro Controller?
    I'm not interested to play Switch while travel to places where there arent Plugs. I just want to play into train, and rooms like hotel I wanted ask about that if someone had tried already and can confirm.

The Switch Pro Controller it's for use it with computer and play emulator there.

PD: On Wii U this is totally Possible, I can confirm that I play Wii U Gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller without Batteries

Last edited by trunske, Mar 20, 2017
  2. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    WHAT???

not sure what your saying it seems to make no sense.
    The switch has a build in battery. If you hook a charger to it it will run.
    The pro controller is bluetooth but also usb. So if it has a charger going to it it will work.

So what are you asking?

3. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The shell of the SPC is transparent so it looks like it can be removed without too much hassle. Give it a try yourself. ;)

4. trunske
    OP

trunske GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    I have not Switch yet, and I'm waiting for someone would do it before to go buy it xD

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I know, but I had really bad experience with battery, I prefer take out them totally, and not use it them at all. I ask if it's possible play with charger all the time without battery inside

5. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    You do know this means taking apart the system. They dont just pop out.
    AS far as the switch goes i doubt it would work if the battery is discounted. Kinda like a cellphone working without a battery. (90% of the new ones wont power on)

The pro controller might work without the battery connect. But its a pretty dumb thing to so. There is no reason for it

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  6. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    You may be waiting a long time...
    You may be waiting a long time. What is your issue with having a battery in the device anyway? Are you concerned that in 5 years down the road the battery will die, the device will stop working and you won't be able to find a replacement battery?

7. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I can tell you that for the exception of YouTubers, Modders and stupid people (falls under YouTubers too), no one will be unnecessarily opening their Pro Controller to remove the battery from it. Taking a look at it, as shown below, it should come off very easily like a phone's battery.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ditto.