ROM Hack It's a Wonderful World

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Only a suggestion, if it is possible, why not edit the first post of topic with latest patch release and how to patch? Only to prevent noobish questions, and with other informations.
If it isn't possible (I don't know how the editing rules are here), only answer, no it's not possible, ok?
smile.gif

And I wish luck to Riku, rmco2003. I will be waiting for the full patch to be released. And I believe (sadly) that SQUARE-ENIX will do a full localization, taking out every japanese reference.

ninpou90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why isn't this topic stickied yet? It is a great game and it is great you guys translate it. And you make great progress... Please mods, sticky this topic!
shy.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a suggestion, if it is possible, why not edit the first post of topic with latest patch release and how to patch? Only to prevent noobish questions, and with other informations.
If it isn't possible (I don't know how the editing rules are here), only answer, no it's not possible, ok?
smile.gif

And I wish luck to Riku, rmco2003. I will be waiting for the full patch to be released. And I believe (sadly) that SQUARE-ENIX will do a full localization, taking out every japanese reference.

I don't think so. I am thinking Jet Grind Radio, with the Neo Tokyo thing, audiences can understand that the game is about Japan and fashion, etc. I have faith in SE, they will do a decent localization, I'm just curious about the whole name thing. And holy crap if this would drop around the same time as the Kingdom Hearts game, I'm not sure which I would play first. Okay, I know the answer to that one, but...
smile.gif

P

pasc

I tried patching it and got countless "must shutdown" errors.
Sometimes I even got patching finished, but then it didn't output anything at all...

Would it be possible to include a readme in the archive ?

Thanks for your effort, I really appreciate your work.
bow.gif

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And say what? You choose the rom, open the patch and press the patch button, it's hardly rocket science.

Some people are getting problems with the patcher, but having it crash is something new, I don't know how to solve the problem but I'll work on it when I have time.

P

pasc

Yeah, I dragged it on the patcher, (g....exe) chose the patch and clicked the patch button...

What do you think of a Bdiff Patch methode ? Those always worked fine for me before.

Or what about making a ppf file using the original unaltered clean dump file and the patched rom ? Would this perhaps work ?

-Forget that... - PPF maybe ?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'd like to commend you guys on doing this translation ^^, works great, and honestly I would help out if i could, but i have next to no skill in this area. any way great work ^^ i just got pass the first day.

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Normal patching formats won't work since I have to replace files in the file system in the rom image, which reduces it's size to be lower than the dumped rom, so I can't create those types of patches, I have to make my own format.

P

pasc

Normal patching formats won't work since I have to replace files in the file system in the rom image, which reduces it's size to be lower than the dumped rom, so I can't create those types of patches, I have to make my own format.

So what about unpacking the patched rom using DSLazy and hosting the files to change on the interwebz so we can patch it ourselves using DSLazy ? (though I'm not sure about the legal part...
unsure.gif
...)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
hi guys,
i have its ROM file, what i need to apply the patch and where can i find the latest patch released?
thnx.

EDIT
if the file in the first post of this topic is the latest one, plz upload it to another host like MiHD.net since its download limit is exceeded.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if anyone cares but this is coming out in English in Spring in Europe, it'll be called "The World Ends With You".

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
In another page they say that they already know but many ppl (including me) dont wanna play an slaughtered rip-off version from USA xD... It already happened with many games like sengoku basara => demon Kings ^^;

Oh well... keep the great work team ^^

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
if the file in the first post of this topic is the latest one, plz upload it to another host like MiHD.net since its download limit is exceeded.

P L E A S E.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I was right!

The World Ends with You = It's a Wonderful World

WHOO!

yaynds.gif

EDIT: Kinda late I guess... But anyways, it dosen't seem like it's gonna be that butchered.

"London (5th December 2007) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU™, an exciting new title from the makers of KINGDOM HEARTS, will be released exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ handheld system across all PAL territories in spring 2008.

Previously known as Subarashiki Kono Sekai™ on its release in Japan. THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is an innovative new title from Square Enix that fully utilizes the capabilities of the Nintendo DS, and takes major influence from Japan’s modern day culture including its people, music, clothes, food and design.

Set in Tokyo’s trendiest district, the story begins with the lead character Neku waking up to find a phone message stating he has only 7 days before he will cease to exist. Only with the coolest fashions, friends and fighting skills can Neku restore hope to the city’s population and prevent being stricken from existence altogether!

John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “Square Enix has traditionally been associated with RPG’s set in fantasy lands, but THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is our first ever game to be set in modern times and real-life locations. The use of the Nintendo DS functionality is second to none. We believe gamers of all ages and abilities will be able to enjoy all that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU has to offer.”
More…

About THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

Story
The story begins as our hero, Neku, wakes up amidst the hustle and bustle of Shibuya, Tokyo. Confused and disoriented, he receives a message on his phone warning him that he will cease to exist unless he completes a certain mission. With his life seemingly on the line, Neku plunges into the back streets of the urban labyrinth…

Features
- Experience the urban grit and neon of the coolest district in Tokyo with a distinctive, high quality style of in-game artwork
- Meet an achingly hip cast of characters each with an interesting personality and stylish sense in fashion, music and culture
- Highly innovative and intuitive combat system that makes full use of the Nintendo DS Touch Screen, Dual Screens and Microphone like no other game before it!
- Use fantastic psychic powers to read the thoughts of the population, put words into people’s minds, and move objects to help you progress in your adventure!
- Immerse yourself in an amazing audio soundtrack featuring a diverse fusion of bleeding-edge hip-hop, rock, and techno
- A tale of friendship, hope and overcoming your challenges, creatively told with a modern edge
- Shop till you drop! Keep abreast of the latest Trends to stay one step ahead of the fashion scene and your enemies. Trade items with friends using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection too
- Action-packed minigame fun that can be enjoyed by up to four players via DS Wireless Play!
- Engage the Chance Encounter mode via DS Wireless Play to share data with fellow game users you bump into in the real world"

Even if it only mentions Europe, if the title changes in the next Nintendo Power, then I guess it could be a best guess to say i would come to America as well. (But still nothing in the Latest, aside from it being listed under the original title with TBA after it.)

Double Edit: Actually strike my last statement, Square Enix has no idea how to describe games. But it seems they are still having the plot at least somewhat normalish.

" Meet an achingly hip cast of characters each with an interesting personality and stylish sense in fashion, music and culture" IT HURTS IT HURTS!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx PASC.

when i press Patch button on this patcher, it says that there is a null exception that is not handled. is it normal? i was using a clean rom, no trim.

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My asshole feels like a Wendy's frosty machine