ROM Hack "It's a wonderful world" is translating to Thai.

kenghot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kenghot.com
XP
Country
Thailand
I wonder, are the tools used for translating this game universal (As in the tools works for every other game) or do you have to come up with a different set of tools for every game you plan to translate? I never really did understood how people translated the in-game text so I wouldn't know.

Each game is completly differerenc format. So i need to create new tool for new project.
So Kenghot...is there any possible way to Translate these games to english? Or even give me a Dialog script?

as you wish,
laugh.gif
I uploaded script file at this post http://www.kenghot.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=143&PN=1

btw, Translating to English is much easier than Thai. u don't need to change font in game. We're so envy you all
rofl2.gif

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder, are the tools used for translating this game universal (As in the tools works for every other game) or do you have to come up with a different set of tools for every game you plan to translate? I never really did understood how people translated the in-game text so I wouldn't know.

Each game is completly differerenc format. So i need to create new tool for new project.

So Kenghot...is there any possible way to Translate these games to english? Or even give me a Dialog script?

as you wish,
laugh.gif
I uploaded script file at this post http://www.kenghot.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=143&PN=1

btw, Translating to English is much easier than Thai. u don't need to change font in game. We're so envy you all
rofl2.gif

*Laughs* Ya, if you have the time to do it @.@

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tempted to, but my Japanese is lacking @.@, if Kenghot could give me the english translated script, even if its a text file, I'd know I could

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chiba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamefaqs.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if it helps any at all here is a link to the guide gamebrink has which i believe shows all the text, i didnt play real far using the guide but all the text bubbles atleast resembled what was written in the guide (...'s, ?'s, short msgs and the such).

http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/3983-...l-world-guide-1

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chiba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamefaqs.com
XP
Country
United States
I can translate from Thai to English, but I don't know any Japanese...

R u Thai? That's great. If u really want Thai's script. i'll send to u after i finish translated.

Thanks. But I won't be the one doing the hacking though. I'll just translate the texts.
If you translate, then I'll hack
happy.gif

Heh sounds like a plan to me
tongue.gif

P

pasc

jester: Just a quick tip: stop telling everyone your strange thinkings. This game SOLD WELL ENOUGH, like FFCC. So if I would be you I would think about EVERY FRIGGIN POST I DO ! You know it is pretty annoying to read em.... so THINK.

topic: Yeah, sure sounds good, if you can read thai... but I wonder how you got those zelda Fonts come out so well ?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jester: Just a quick tip: stop telling everyone your strange thinkings. This game SOLD WELL ENOUGH, like FFCC. So if I would be you I would think about EVERY FRIGGIN POST I DO ! You know it is pretty annoying to read em.... so THINK.

I fail to see how personal attacks help anyone other than proving that you are an asshole?

My post was simply questioning if it we are going to see an upcoming English release.

P

pasc

jester, nor editing your post's , neither calling anyone anything will take you anywhere.

But I guess talking to you is just not really worth my time cause you can't stand people showing you the right direction, arguing with you will just result in edited posts on your side so I stop this now and hope your happy with what you received by that (if you even did).

But anyway: I ask again, kenghot: How did you get those Zelda Fonts to look that good ? Did you hack the graphics or just the fonts ? Or did you "just" replace the text ? I just ask cause I'm pretty impressed by your work.

Keep up the good work:

Pas

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc, my edited post (which you read) only stated that I questioned if the heavily Japanese-city aspect of the game would easily carry over to a Western audience. It wasn't expressed very well in that post, so I changed it, despite your assertion.

I'm not quite sure how you get off thinking that your opinions are any better or more valid than any other persons. You said that I should think before I post? I do. It's blatantly obvious that you don't, however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired