Hacking iTouch Firmware

Zoobz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me please, I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. I'm a first time cart user so please be gentle with me.
smile.gif

I got an iTouch for Christmas and went to the official site where apparently there is a firmware update, v2.3C released Dec. 24th but after browsing the site I found only one link so I installed that one but when it loads it says it's version 1.7 and when I select a game, the screen goes blank. Help please. Where can I find the latest FW and any idea why the blank screen?

edit: sorry for the double post, didn't realised it happened. Hopefully someone can clean this up, thanks.

Zoobz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou so much. I will try this and see if it helps the blank screen thing.

1 question, do I just delete the old fw or overwrite it?

Zoobz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help everyone. I deleted old fw and dumped 2.3c on there and all is working great. I'm impressed with the iTouch. Might not be the favourite of some but I was aware it wasn't top of the line and I'm very happy... so far.
smile.gif

Jalabaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally agree! I got an iTouchDS (first time buyer) and I am rather impressed with it. I had the same problem, originally downloaded the 1.7 firmware, but about 3 or 4 hours later i had everything in order and the new firmware downloaded.
I'm sure there are better carts out there, but this one is pretty darn good I think. I can play homebrew, watch movies and other media using moonshell, it plays NES and Genesis emulators with no complaints. SNES emulators are kinda sucky but I get the feeling that's the general consensus SNES being emulated on DS. I have automatic DLDI patching (and thank god, because I don't even know wtf DLDI is) It has brightness controls, which is probably pretty standard. I don't know if I can wi-fy to the Wii or not, but I don't own a Wii so it's not that big of deal.

I do have a few gripes though..
-I hate that the microSD slot is spring loaded. It's going to break, i know it will. Probably on a long car ride =[
-Most of the time closing the lid causes sleep mode, and there are no problems, but sometimes the game will crash immediately or shortly after resuming play.
-My battery drains pretty quickly sometimes, not so much during normal play, but like in sleep mode. With real NDS carts sleep mode can go like 10 days without killing the battery. With the iTouch it's like 8 hours of sleepy mode and it's dead. Is the sleep mode not a true sleep mode like the Nintendo Firmware's sleep mode?

RubberRoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jalabaster said:
I totally agree! I got an iTouchDS (first time buyer) and I am rather impressed with it. I had the same problem, originally downloaded the 1.7 firmware, but about 3 or 4 hours later i had everything in order and the new firmware downloaded.
I'm sure there are better carts out there, but this one is pretty darn good I think. I can play homebrew, watch movies and other media using moonshell, it plays NES and Genesis emulators with no complaints. SNES emulators are kinda sucky but I get the feeling that's the general consensus SNES being emulated on DS. I have automatic DLDI patching (and thank god, because I don't even know wtf DLDI is) It has brightness controls, which is probably pretty standard. I don't know if I can wi-fy to the Wii or not, but I don't own a Wii so it's not that big of deal.

I do have a few gripes though..
-I hate that the microSD slot is spring loaded. It's going to break, i know it will. Probably on a long car ride =[
-Most of the time closing the lid causes sleep mode, and there are no problems, but sometimes the game will crash immediately or shortly after resuming play.
-My battery drains pretty quickly sometimes, not so much during normal play, but like in sleep mode. With real NDS carts sleep mode can go like 10 days without killing the battery. With the iTouch it's like 8 hours of sleepy mode and it's dead. Is the sleep mode not a true sleep mode like the Nintendo Firmware's sleep mode?

Yeaah, flashcarts eat up battery life faster, and you are right, it's not a "true" sleep mode, or at least it's not the same as with a regular cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tap to get bigger!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tap to get bigger!