"ITG players? I /hate/ ITG players..."

Ever played any sort of DDR/PUI/ITG game?

• All the time.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Once or twice for laughs.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

• If you're playing dance games at the arcade, there's no way you're straight.

• Total voters

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Action starts at 0:50 or so. Shit's crazy.

ANYWAYS. I used to do PIU because that's all there was at the small arcade I had, then I found out DDR's more popular and a lot more widely available (I haven't seen a PIU machine around here in years, last I saw was at the daytona speedway in Florida).

So I'm considering getting either two soft mats (one DDR and one PIU), or one of those 3x3 mats (both control sets fit, more or less), assuming the place I move into has a downstairs I can use. I had PIU for the PS2, but the adapter I got to use the controller on the PC didn't work with it for some reason (works fine with official PS2 controllers on PCSX2 though) so I still haven't gotten to do it.

Happy that with Stepmania I can get all sorts of western songs, being limited to 90% K-pop and K b-songs is annoying.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That moving stuff seems incredibly annoying. Still, I liked Sequence and Project Diva, (in fact, I like most music/rhythm games) so I'd probably like these games as well if they were playable with a controller.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where I used to live there was an abundance of arcades and each one had either DDR or ITG. The better ones had both. The best not only had both but all the other Konami rhythm games, among other ones from other companies (like Taiko Drum Master). Suffice it to say I played a bunch of DDR, though, I feel ITG edges out because of the ability to use custom simfiles.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Played a lot of DDR once, at least daily. I remember I felt really accomplished when I could finish my first song at the "LIGHT" difficulty level.

...Well, that was the only time I could :( I funnily do not possess the sense of rhythm, and even worse, coordination.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Suffice it to say I played a bunch of DDR, though, I feel ITG edges out because of the ability to use custom simfiles.
Well, ITG is a branch of Stepmania 3.x, which was partially used to address concerns with the original game.

Played a lot of DDR once, at least daily. I remember I felt really accomplished when I could finish my first song at the "LIGHT" difficulty level.

...Well, that was the only time I could :( I funnily do not possess the sense of rhythm, and even worse, coordination.
If you're playing songs with really sparse notes/steps, you might want to try one a level higher that's got movement as if you were walking to the beat. That way you don't have a big window of nothing where you need to time the next step on.

no_chocobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rydian - Build your own metal pad! My fiancee and I built one together 9 years ago.... thing is still going strong!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F