Hacking It looks like everyone is selling their cards...

dishme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FOR A FREAKING GAME.
ONE. FREAKING. GAME.
Everyone thinks the DS-X is junk beacuse it can't play TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass. I was waiting for it too, but I wasn't so obsessed.

Seriously, I'm dissapointed with you guys.

edit:

http://emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=382422&postcount=165
Don't cut yourselves
wink.gif

Should have just spent $30 on a R4 and $30 on a MicroSD!!! Never any issues with any game and 1/2 the cost.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
MMmm....
Ok, three games that cannot be played.
I wanted to play Hoshigami, but not right now. By the time the DS-X team fix the problem I will either:

Download the fw update
Will use my Cyclo DS Evo to play it and download the fw update for my gf

I'm thinking on getting my gf a DS, and since she is not much into the latest games I will give her my DS-X too, it works fine with the other 1100+ games.
And no, I don't regret buying the card, it was worth it for playing Dawn of Sorrow alone, and MKDS, and Tetris, and Winning Eleven and Clubhouse Games and Animal Crossing and... you know what I mean.

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to sell it cause... R4 can do everything DS-X can.. plus add more memory. DS-X was to expencive.... its not about the crappy zelda game.... AZNs must have small hands cause serously.. my hand gets in the way when I play.. i hate it...

teonintyfive

OP
Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
AHAHAHAh OHOHOHOHO
You're fast.

My friend tough it was such a nice idea, that i´m making another one. Animated as well!
happy.gif

Also,Wily´s Tetris should be a cool game actully. Everytime you clear a line, you take over a part of the world! =D
But
1. They will ask for homebrew name
2. The will ask for homebrew's source
3. Why's it not released on the homebrew scene?
4. Same prob on all cards
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Home made? Aint that what a homebrew is?
1. They will ask for homebrew name
....Um, it say´s on the title screen?
2. The will ask for homebrew's source
Mine! ALL MINE! 8D >_> I´m not giving it out.
3. Why's it not released on the homebrew scene?
Cause i made it? Home Made? Ain´t that what a homebrew is? Just because i make something doesn´t mean i have to hand it over to gbatemp staff and say: Aight, i got a new game. Here,show it off and stuff.
4. Same prob on all cards
Just tell em i only got a DS-X. And thus can only test with Ds-x.

Still working on it.
201719gv4.jpg

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I hadn't bought a DS-X. I ordered it (80 pounds!!!) when they were the first slot-1 solution and by the time it arrived I'd forgotten I'd ordered it and loads of other carts were out.

My girlfriend and little brother both have R4s with 1GB cards. They paid half the money I did, can play more games than I can (from the list) and it can hold more games/music. But hey, at least the menu's nice.
rolleyes.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the startup delay is unreasonable, and I'm using the 1.1.0 version. The 1.1.2 is supposed to optimize it even better. They've already acknowledged their eeprom procedure isn't perfect, so I say wait and see because it's not an issue that prevents you from doing anything.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think the startup delay is unreasonable, and I'm using the 1.1.0 version. The 1.1.2 is supposed to optimize it even better. They've already acknowledged their eeprom procedure isn't perfect, so I say wait and see because it's not an issue that prevents you from doing anything.
Whatever it's supposed to, there are about 100 forum threads asking why everything is so much slower with the fixed v1.1.2. Some say it's because of FAT32, others say other things. This is not just the menu, it's disk access as well - check the reports on the startup times for e.g. Lemmings compared to v1.1.1 and v1.1.0. Some things that used to take seconds now takes a minute. I agree, it's not the end of the world, but it's still kind of annoying. My guess is speed is a priority in the next firmware, like you say. This is not an eeprom issue, by the way; saving from eeprom is slow because of what I wrote earlier.

Regardless, I think you should update to the fixed v1.1.2. What's your reason for not doing it?

hypn0toad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i ordered a DSX back in november.. 3rd batch.. had to wait a few weeks for it

that was a bit annoying, but I loved it. everything worked great with the card. at one point i had a problem, and the DSX team was amazing in helping me to fix it. i thought i was going to need to send it back (i would plug it into the comptuer and nothing would happen.. no drive.. nothing) but they worked with me 1 on 1 and helped me

they always have been pretty communicative- you can always IM any of them, or just hang out in the IRC room and someone will come by. they are in a pretty different time zone, but still they seem happy to talk

this all meant that i was still happy with my DSX even when the R4 came out. even though I paid more for less, i was happy with the system. i don't really care if i have immediate support for games.. i mean i dont speak japanese so zelda is pretty useless to try to play. i'll just wait for it in english!

however, around the end of may my DSX got all screwey. i was using it with vista and somehow it got corrupted. at this point the team was busy with everyone else and talking about the QKIN bug etc, and they were having a hard time... this is when they released the firmware which caused problems for people. anyways after trying to help me, i eventually had to send it back.

at this point they asked me if i wanted another DSX or my money back. well.. i took the money back... and then i bought an R4.

why?

even though I like the DSX team more, they seem to be having a hard time. although it is not all their fault, it just seems like their system is harder to control than the R4 system. maybe the company is just small, but the updates are risky, and i haven't really heard of many problems with R4s. the money back was nice, but was not really the reason i switched. i just wanted to not have problems in the future.

SO. now that i have my R4, i'm pretty happy with it. the bigger space is nice.. but the biggest benefit is how fast it is. the DSX always took a long time to load the system and get into a game. the R4 only takes a few seconds

also, the skinning engine is nice. DSX has been promising a good skin engine for a while, but i think they have been too caught up in their other problems to have time to work on it. the R4 system is very very simple. you can't customize it much, but what you can customize is enough.

download play is a HUGE annoyance. i heard other people say they dont really use it, but i have used it all of the time. this way i can play games with friends and strangers who have a DS but dont have an R4 (or the game we want to play)

i still like the company for DSX but maybe they need to be a bit bigger. also it just seems like they picked the wrong idea with integrated storage.. they can't manufacture it cheaper than the R4. they keep saying that their firmware is flexible (and i believe it) but they need to release SOMETHING to prove how it is better than the R4.. until then, they are going to have a hard time selling more units

just my 2 cents..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1