Hacking It looks like everyone is selling their cards...

teonintyfive

OP
Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
FOR A FREAKING GAME.
ONE. FREAKING. GAME.
Everyone thinks the DS-X is junk beacuse it can't play TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass. I was waiting for it too, but I wasn't so obsessed.

Seriously, I'm dissapointed with you guys.

edit:

http://emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=382422&postcount=165
Don't cut yourselves
wink.gif

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i don't own a ds-x, but i can agree with you that it's silly to sell your card for one game...

First, it will probably be patched to work soon

second, just buy ONE original game if not, it won't kill you! I've had flash carts since they came out for gba up to this day and i still buy real games form time to time even if they work on the flash cart... don't be SO cheap dear friends
smile.gif

teonintyfive

OP
Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
well i don't own a ds-x, but i can agree with you that it's silly to sell your card for one game...

second, just buy ONE original game if not, it won't kill you! I've had flash carts since they came out for gba up to this day and i still buy real games form time to time even if they work on the flash cart... don't be SO cheap dear friends
smile.gif
+1 I do that too.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People are selling because it's one thing after another. Considering games seem to be moving to this larger save state, before long, it's not just one or two games, it's twenty games. But everyone else is enjoying them while we're still waiting for an update. And we'll finally get one in september or so, but it will break half the units and we'll sit through a couple of beta tests and by october, we might be able to enjoy the games.

It's not just one game, it's just we're left in the dark so much we never know whats going on. If we sell now while they're still worth a couple bucks, we should have more than enough left over to pick up a cycloDS or whatever. If we wait too much longer, we'll end up with cards that are only worth 30 or 40 bucks.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

second, just buy ONE original game if not, it won't kill you! I've had flash carts since they came out for gba up to this day and i still buy real games form time to time even if they work on the flash cart... don't be SO cheap dear friends
smile.gif

+1 I do that too.
Me too.

... Well, actually I haven't, but that is because there are no good games released for the DS after I bought my flashcart
tongue.gif
Of course I still have my originally bought games from before I had the flashcart.

tanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People are selling because it's one thing after another. Considering games seem to be moving to this larger save state, before long, it's not just one or two games, it's twenty games. But everyone else is enjoying them while we're still waiting for an update. And we'll finally get one in september or so, but it will break half the units and we'll sit through a couple of beta tests and by october, we might be able to enjoy the games.

It's not just one game, it's just we're left in the dark so much we never know whats going on. If we sell now while they're still worth a couple bucks, we should have more than enough left over to pick up a cycloDS or whatever. If we wait too much longer, we'll end up with cards that are only worth 30 or 40 bucks.

yep i agree, its not just Zelda, but Zelda was the straw that broke the cammel's back so it would seem. Just one update on the official forums would have been enough to stop all this, even if it was a post admitting that they had done bugger all but were thinking about it. They are fools to have not posted an update by now. Im not sure if we're allowed to quote from other forums on here but here is a quote from one of my DS-X forum posts...

"so there IS a DS-X team?? well they really had me going!
tongue.gif

Iv been looking up these forums since i got my DS-X which is ages now, but the only reason I have bothered registering is just so that I may voice my complete bafflement and confusion as to why there is no official postings or updates by the team?

I also wanted to show my total agreeance with just about everyone on here and other sites (that im prob not even allowed to mention, so wont bother) on this matter...and Im usually just someone that watches from the side-lines.

Please DS-X team, at least throw us a bone, otherwise your soon going to have no one left to throw one to.

and I know that some of the senior members feel they have to defend the DS-X team, but theres no need because we are not attacking anyone, we just want an official update announcement...even if its about what they had for dinner! just an update on their progress...thats all we ask. And other people that are not on the DS-X team giving-out/making-up excuses and presumptions are just aggrivating the situation, no one cares what you think the team are doing, we care about what the team says they are doing, and at tho mo that is squat-diddaly.

btw, this post was not directed at anyone personally, nor was meant to be an attack, im just giving my opinion, so pls dont take offence."

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
There´s whine here, there´s whine over at Ds-X forum´s...If i could i´d scream to you guys to s u ...just wait.
Or you can make a couple of homebrew´s that Require a 2M Flash, show it on Ds-X frum with screens THEN maybe if your lucky the Ds-X team will fix the issue. The cart is for homebrew applications. So, making a homebrew that requires a 2M Flash save show it on there forum and voila!They fix it! You can play Zelda! Problem Solved!

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Aware yes, doing anything?
unsure.gif

I mean, my idea should work. See, the company can´t fix the problem cause it´s for Nds roms.
But, making a homebrew ,that is what the card´s for, that requires 2MB flash or what it was again they can fix the issue no?

They are not doing any illegal there are they? They are just apply for a home made project that uses a diffrent type of save file that the DS-X can´t save too. Heck, im thinking of doing a fake image that i´ll post in Ds-X forums.

Something like:

Error! This Homebrew requires 2M flash save type. The current card your using is not support, please contact the card´s team for fixing.

Or something alike.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Aware yes, doing anything?Â
unsure.gif

I mean, my idea should work. See, the company can´t fix the problem cause it´s for Nds roms.
But, making a homebrew ,that is what the card´s for, that requires 2MB flash or what it was again they can fix the issue no?

They are not doing any illegal there are they? They are just apply for a home made project that uses a diffrent type of save file that the DS-X can´t save too. Heck, im thinking of doing a fake image that i´ll post in Ds-X forums.

Something like:

Error! This Homebrew requires 2M flash save type. The current card your using is not support, please contact the card´s team for fixing.

Or something alike.

in the merry ole land of OZ

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Not if you make it really clevery. Like, moonshell can show images. So, making 2 images one for top and one for below.

Any idea for name of the homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since