Hacking It it possible, with Shadow Warrior PSP, to play addons (.grp/.map)?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello to everyone. Someone is kind enough to explain to me how, and if, it is possible to play SW episode addons or custom maps on this PSP port. In the case of Wanton Destruction (WantDest.grp) I tried to create a SW.cmdline file with written '-gWantDest.grp', or '/gWantDest.GRP', with and without SW in front; in all cases the game starts normally by choosing shareware or full version.
Even for the single map (eg war.map) the command lines '-mapWar.map' or '/mapWar.map' give no results.
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to try to help me.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I update what I wrote previously, for those interested, saying that I myself have found a solution, waiting for a better method.

Since no one has responded to my appeal, I don't know if not interested in the subject or because without solutions to propose, I have decided to make public a method I have found which, although crude and laborious, seems to work well.

In the case of Twin Dragon and Wanton Destruction, the single maps must be extracted from the .GRP file with Group File Studio, and with the same tool reinsert them in SW.GRP (making a backup of the original file), overwriting the existing, original maps.
Do not insert other files (.voc, .con, .art) since the SW PSP program does not recognize the original .GRP and crashes (at least this is what has always happened to me); I am waiting for a possible denial.*
In the case of other addons (Tne, Park, etc.) the single extracted maps must be renamed with the names of the original levels and inserted in SW.GRP in the right order.

All the additional episodes I have tried work great, with the exception of some missing sound effects and some graphical errors (e.g. where there are mirrors).

In the case of a custom sp map the procedure is the same; I have inserted a SP map for each original level, thus making a collection of 22 sp maps in a single SW.grp; but remember to play them only at normal skill level, otherwise the map will be empty with no enemies to face.

*note: I need to correct myself. You can insert files that have the same extension (format) as the original ones, but no other ones of different format (.exe, .bat etc.).

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: