It is time to upgrade some parts!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Splych, Sep 25, 2009.

Sep 25, 2009
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    You know what... This computer of mine is really... really... needs to be upgraded ;P

So here's what it has right now...

Case: Cooler Master Elite 334 Nvidia Edition
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHz (no plan on overclocking yet...)
    Mobo: Biostar TA790GX 128M

Wanna upgrade my RAM (512MB x 4), GPU (Radeon X600 256MB), PSU (Thermaltake Purpower 430W), Mouse (some generic Logitech mouse), Keyboard (Generic Logitech keyboard) and speakers (random speakers I found)

Any suggestions?

For RAM, I am thinking of getting this one: G.SKILL 2x2GB ($70) at Newegg. Then if I ever go to 64Bit, I can just get another set... I haven't really thought of any other ones...

For GPU, I have seen the XFX Radeon HD 4850 1GB, and Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB... Wanna pay $150 max... With our without tax, either way, I am paying $150 max even without tax yet.

For PSU, falling onto the OCZ StealthXStream 600W... Max, $100 with or without tax as well. Any suggestions? Want at least a 600W PSU.

For Mouse, thinking of getting a Microsoft Habu, just needs to light up in the outside and looks nice. $60 w/o tax is max for me.

For Keyboard, thinking of getting a Logitech G15. Also has to light up ^^. And would be nice with programmable keys. But not priority, just has to light up. Max to pay, $90 without tax.

For speakers, been looking at the Logitech X-240 speakers. It has to be 2.1, and $55 without tax...

Soo yea, I got those things to look into... What are the recommendations for these things that I am looking for?

2. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
  3. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    zomg. Thank you. The GPU, RAM, PSU, and speakers, I think I might buy another kind.

But the mouse and keyboard, thank you. I hope my dad will let me buy from Amazon or even Ebay just to save money ^^..

EDIT: Might get the Razer Lycosa instead of the G15... Hmm... Same price... And that screen looks too extra xDD. Either works...

4. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    as for the GPU. wait a bit, ati's 5870 just got released on newegg iirc, i dont think you'll be seeing price drops on the 48xx series just yet. give a week or 2. you might be able to get the 4850 down to 120 maybe 110.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    not too much of a fan of keyboards with screens

way too much money for something silly thats not too useful

G5 and G11 are a nice combo for the cheaper end
    habu inst that great from the reviews ive read
    or just go all out with a G9 ad G15/G19

6. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    RAM is WAY over priced. I remember see some 2x2GB DDR2 sticks for $30 on sale at NewEgg.ca.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yea, DDR2 prices are sky rocketing now since DDR3 is being adapted with core i5 getting rid of the core 2 series and ddr2 now

same thing that happened with DDR1 and DDR2

my 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ ram was about $20 last xmas, now its about $45...

8. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Aiight... Waiting for graphics. lulz, keyboards with screens. I actually liked it since it was illuminated with orange, and I thought the screen would be of a little use. I guess not... I guess I might get the Lycosa... But will put the G11 into consideration. Just that the Lycosa... Looks cooler *_*.

The Habu... Also looks cooler ;P. I didn't want anything too much... And it looked pretty nice. That's why I was thinking of getting it. G9 and G5... Nyeh. Too big. Does the G11/G15 have Anti-Ghosting?

Shiznit... I shoulda just got a motherboard supporting DDR3 T_T. I feel so... ripped off. But wanted to use it so bad... Oh well T_T. Is the G-SKILL one good enough? Might buy 2 sets... So will just put one aside and wait until I get 64 Bit.

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    well its not always about looking good, its has to function good as well

you wont need more then 4GB anyway on the ram, anything more and your just throwing money out the window unless your doing crazy amount of photo/video editing or CAD work etc...

10. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    lulz. If the G11 doesn't have Anti-Ghosting, I am gonna go with the Lycosa.

4GB, good. The most I have done with Photoshop was make a basic signature...