Hacking It been a while since the last GW update...

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until ElCheapo and his Copycats steal all the work again. I wish they´d put some more resources into their bricking code to make it permanently lock up the clone device instead of locking the 3DS. And people need to realize that saving $15 on a flashcart which can very likely save you $300 is crap. but thats always how its been in the past.

I´d personally wish that good old Supercard team would appear with a flash and rolling thunder on the 3DS flashcart market. they have set the standards for the NDS flashcart scene although they weren´t the first. Nothing beats a Supercard device.
ITT: Piracy loyalty.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Until ElCheapo and his Copycats steal all the work again. I wish they´d put some more resources into their bricking code to make it permanently lock up the clone device instead of locking the 3DS. And people need to realize that saving $15 on a flashcart which can very likely save you $300 is crap. but thats always how its been in the past.

I´d personally wish that good old Supercard team would appear with a flash and rolling thunder on the 3DS flashcart market. they have set the standards for the NDS flashcart scene although they weren´t the first. Nothing beats a Supercard device.

the more the brick code there is , the less i'm going to pay the terrorirsts :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

wischmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dyshonest: Your name says it pretty much... seriously, what else is a flashcart being used for? Good games deserve to be bought. Games like Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Moon, Dementium, LoZ, even Pokemon. But in all honesty there is so much crap being released and you cannot test those games thoroughly. Thus i am forced to yarrr my games. Good games i buy, bad ones get deleted, simple as that. And don´t forget about those who live in region A but prefer games from region B, either because said game has crappy localization (happens more often than one could think), because said game is cut (this one applies more to PC games, but you get the example), or because said game isnt even going to be released in my own region - and thanks to region lock i cannot simply buy and play it. I´d have to buy one console of every region.

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dyshonest: Your name says it pretty much... seriously, what else is a flashcart being used for? Good games deserve to be bought. Games like Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Moon, Dementium, LoZ, even Pokemon. But in all honesty there is so much crap being released and you cannot test those games thoroughly. Thus i am forced to yarrr my games. Good games i buy, bad ones get deleted, simple as that. And don´t forget about those who live in region A but prefer games from region B, either because said game has crappy localization (happens more often than one could think), because said game is cut (this one applies more to PC games, but you get the example), or because said game isnt even going to be released in my own region - and thanks to region lock i cannot simply buy and play it. I´d have to buy one console of every region.
Oh yes because the word of a thief is worth sooo much lol.

You are not forced to do anything. Go to a local game store. Rent them. Like it? Buy it. Don't like it? Return it.
Also Gateway or EmuNAND (I can't remember which and don't really care, isn't Gateway needed for the latter anyway?) allows region free. So don't mention region lock. :D

There's plenty of legal uses for a flash cart (your own backups are entirely legal by the way). 90% of owners do not use them for it, though.

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the US, backups are a gray area, only in some parts of Europe are backups legal.
Um, no.
If you created the backup it is entirely legal. The tools necessary to make a backup are not illegal either.
If you own a copy but use a backup that does not belong to you it is illegal.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes because the word of a thief is worth sooo much lol.

You are not forced to do anything. Go to a local game store. Rent them. Like it? Buy it. Don't like it? Return it.
Also Gateway or EmuNAND (I can't remember which and don't really care, isn't Gateway needed for the latter anyway?) allows region free. So don't mention region lock. :D

There's plenty of legal uses for a flash cart (your own backups are entirely legal by the way). 90% of owners do not use them for it, though.
You can use region free without actually buying a gateway. Classic mode doesn't require having a GW card.

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use region free without actually buying a gateway. Classic mode doesn't require having a GW card.
Does it require a clone cart or can the region free exploit be used on a standard DS flash cart? I don't have either a clone cart or Gateway yet.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, no.
If you created the backup it is entirely legal. The tools necessary to make a backup are not illegal either.

It is legal for you to make a single copy of your software IF the end user licence permits it, many games do not. According to Nintendo any device that can copy their software is illegal.

wischmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pff, if i would care that its illegal. When the day comes where you can test any game within a small period of time without being forced to buy it, well thats the day where i don´t need to yarrrrr anything ever again. But until then i´ll do anything i need to test before purchase, period. (Edit: the amount of games which offer demo versions and / or beta tests is horribly small compared to the amount that don´t.)
And i do know that emuNAND discards any region lock. I also know that as long as you have a working NDS flashcard, you´d not even need to purchase the Gateway 3DS since you can run the exploit installer and thus create the emuNAND (having it on my SC DSTWO). The only thing the Gateway cartridge itself is needed for are 3DS games. That also means that emuNAND alone still doesnt allow game testing, which is why my argument still stands. Call me thief, pirate, uber bad software robber - i dont care. Sheesh, even this whole site started out as one appealing to this exact kind of people, so does it even matter?

I buy what deserves to be bought, end of story.

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is legal for you to make a single copy of your software IF the end user licence permits it, many games do not. According to Nintendo any device that can copy their software is illegal.
Nintendo has claimed bogus things like this ever since the NES days.
It is not illegal. Nintendo likes to claim a lot of things their lawyers don't actually know about. This is similar to Apple claiming jailbreaking their devices is illegal - it is not.
They do, however, reserve the full rights to ban you for playing backups online. This is your responsibility - get caught, and you deserve what you get.

Pff, if i would care that its illegal. When the day comes where you can test any game within a small period of time without being forced to buy it, well thats the day where i don´t need to yarrrrr anything ever again. But until then i´ll do anything i need to test before purchase, period. (Edit: the amount of games which offer demo versions and / or beta tests is horribly small compared to the amount that don´t.)
Because Nintendo franchises change SO much between titles that you need to steal them to "try" them out.

Ever hear of GameStop? Or other places that offer rentals? Or are you not allowed outdoors due to house arrest?
Thieves... all the same. lol.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, no.

So when you buy a new game and look at the game cover or insert that is included in the case, the legal information about copying that game and the intellectual property law does not apply to you?

I can feel another one of those piracy threads coming on :gun:

Reactions: Ericthegreat

wischmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They change enough. Who are you to blame me because i dont like to pay up front in order to receive software encoded bullshit? And its not like every game is placed in an established franchise, you know.

So i now have to drive 30km to reach the next gamestop, and / or pay money in order to test a game? Aside from many games not being availiable for rent, this is completly inacceptable. But hey, seems like the U.S. is riddled with GameStops and games are thrown your way, are they. In Germany, this is not the case. Especially if you don´t live near a big city.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it require a clone cart or can the region free exploit be used on a standard DS flash cart? I don't have either a clone cart or Gateway yet.
Nope, just a DSMODE cart. Run the GW installer, put the launcher.dat on your big SDcard, then just select classic mode from the menu. Emunand works fine as well under classic mode.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sheesh again with the lets go to a site that is full of how to's on running backups and call people bad......if that's your opinion you can have, but you came to the wrong place if you want to perform some battle cry, I get the impression some people just come here to argue the toss.....knowing they will have a constant stream of people to argue the toss with.....I say just ignore it :lol:

Reactions: SpaceJump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol