Issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by srmagus, Dec 27, 2008.

Dec 27, 2008

Issues by srmagus at 3:59 AM (593 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. srmagus
    OP

Newcomer srmagus Member

United States
    I've been using WiiGator's backuploader (gamma) with great success the past few months. Lately, though, it has been malfunctioning.

I use DJ Taz's Gamma Channel. One day I tried to load a PAL version of Smarty Pants (called Triiviial) by forcing NTSC. Instead of giving me the menu, I only got the "Gamma" banner at the top and the Gecko icon at the bottom (lit in green). I don't have a USB Gecko or use Gecko OS, my Wii is all softmod. So anyway, I say to myself OK, maybe it's my copy of Smarty Pants. So I try an older game just to be sure it's working, Shaun White Snowboarding, which also needs to be forced to NTSC from PAL. This also doesn't work.

Strange. My next step is to uninstall my channel. I go into WAD Manager but it tells me that it couldn't remove the channel because of error -106 and it couldn't remove the ticket because of error -1 (which I get all the freaking time). But when I go back to the Wii menu, the channel is gone. Now I'm pissed and resolve that I'm not messing with channels anymore, I'll do it all on my SD Card.

So, I go to the wad manager on my SD card (not using my menu icon) and uninstall my .3b and softchip loaders as well, these with no problem, and also my media player. Then I attempt to uninstall the wad manager channel, and it gives me the same errors, and also doesn't leave my menu. So now I'm stuck with a menu icon I don't want.

Also, I try to load up any version of the gamma backup loader and am faced with the same black screen with DJ Taz's logo at the top and the gecko at the bottom, nothing else. So now my Wii can't run PAL games, which sucks, since most of my backups are in PAL format. Is there a way to fix this problem? Is there a way to crush my Wii's memory and start over from the beginning? Please respond.

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    if you have a gamecube controller plugged in or a GC memory card unplug it and try again

3. srmagus
    OP

Newcomer srmagus Member

United States
    Holy shit, I do have a GC memory card plugged in! I will post results. How does this effect the loader, for my curiousity's sake?