Elvis895

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all

I hope some 1 can answer this for me,
Right i have a Wii 4.1E i have just installed REV19 with base IOS37 so i can now play Monster Hunter Tri with no problems BUT
i still have a few issues with a few games here is the list of games i can not get working with discription as to what happens with each 1:

CSI: DEADLY INTENT
Useing IOS 249 REV19 Base 37
Loads up fine, comes to a screen that says press A to start, I press A, Main menu: New game - Options - credits, I press new game,
case menu: Case 1: Broken Hearted, I press Case 1: Broken Hearted and POW the wii resets to the system menu.

METROID PRIME TRILOGY
Loads up fine, comes to a screen that says press A to start, I press A, Select slot to start game, I press Slot 1, Select Mii, I select
my Mii, Back to select slot to start game, I press on my Mii, Main menu: Start single player Etc..., i press Start single player,
Game select, I select Metroid Prime Game Start, Select difficulty, I press Normal, It go's to Metroid Prime loading then POW the
wii resets to the system menu.
The samething happens when i do the same with Metroid Prime 2 and 3

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2 & 3 RETURN
Loads up fine, comes to a screen that says press A to start, I press A, Game select, when i press House of the Dead 2
the Screen go's black thats it
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 3 plays fine

TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: DOUBLE AGENT
The game loads the Notice: this game requires the use of a nunchuk, then licensed by nintendo, then POW the wii resets to the system
menu.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like every game you have listed there has multipule ios' needed to run hence why your game crashes. im guessing you are booting games off dvd but more modern cios' have support to run these games off dvd. if you are running it from usb i know you would start the game with one of the custom ios' found within the disc image itself

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Elvis895 said:
Hey all

I hope some 1 can answer this for me,
Right i have a Wii 4.1E i have just installed REV19 with base IOS37 so i can now play Monster Hunter Tri with no problems BUT
i still have a few issues with a few games here is the list of games i can not get working with discription as to what happens with each 1:

CSI: DEADLY INTENT
Loads up fine, comes to a screen that says press A to start, I press A, Main menu: New game - Options - credits, I press new game,
case menu: Case 1: Broken Hearted, I press Case 1: Broken Hearted and POW the wii resets to the system menu.

METROID PRIME TRILOGY
Loads up fine, comes to a screen that says press A to start, I press A, Select slot to start game, I press Slot 1, Select Mii, I select
my Mii, Back to select slot to start game, I press on my Mii, Main menu: Start single player Etc..., i press Start single player,
Game select, I select Metroid Prime Game Start, Select difficulty, I press Normal, It go's to Metroid Prime loading then POW the
wii resets to the system menu.
The samething happens when i do the same with Metroid Prime 2 and 3

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2 & 3 RETURN
Loads up fine, comes to a screen that says press A to start, I press A, Game select, when i press House of the Dead 2
the Screen go's black thats it
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 3 plays fine

TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: DOUBLE AGENT
The game loads the Notice: this game requires the use of a nunchuk, then licensed by nintendo, then POW the wii resets to the system
menu.
I haven't played all these games but some of them are IOS reloading (metroid prime trilogy and house of the dead 2+3 are IOS reloading for sure) games so you either need to use the alt dol method to load them or install the d2x cIOS which has the IOS reload blocking feature.

On another note, Monster Hunter Tri will also run with the d2x cIOS with base 56. You can get the d2x cIOS from modmii or use the d2x installer.

Elvis895

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys thanks for telling me to install D2X but it has mad no difference
what i have done is
Select cIOS
Select cIOS base
Select cIOS slot
Select cIOS revision
if this is wrong please tell me what i have done wrong please

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Elvis895 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Are you using Configurable USB Loader v70?

no wiiflow
i am not sure if i need to change
Select cIOS revision to another value
Well trying would help solve that mystery.
rolleyes.gif

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried patching games,i no that house of the dead needs to be patched,i had the very same problem when i started all them years ago, part 2 wood black screen but part 3 wood play ok, get iso patcher 1.1 patch game to 249 or higher, i.e game is locked at 21, patch it to 33, 36 ,56 249 etc, hope this helps,not sure about other games,try patching them, they all work on my wii

Elvis895

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chicken11 said:
have you tried patching games,i no that house of the dead needs to be patched,i had the very same problem when i started all them years ago, part 2 wood black screen but part 3 wood play ok, get iso patcher 1.1 patch game to 249 or higher, i.e game is locked at 21, patch it to 33, 36 ,56 249 etc, hope this helps,not sure about other games,try patching them, they all work on my wii

i pached house of the dead to 249 and i dont get the black screen no more

it just restarts the system instead

aaaggghhhh

seems like i am destined to use the alt.dol's grrrr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the... +1