blue337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure which board I should've posted this on, so ill post it on both

Every game I try to play *Newer games* has the same "cannot load save data" or w/e it's called issue. I've tried Arm7 patching all of them, multiple times with different games, nothing. I even made sure I had the newest firmware (newest I've found is 1.14), still nothing. The last game I tried this with was Metal Slug 7, but I tried it on Wall-E (I was bored and wanted to see if it worked lol). What in the world do I do to make this stuff work wacko.gif

Tempus35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I think I have gathered it has to do with the size of the save files. That is make a blank save that is 525,312 bytes in size and rename it to the roms name, add it to the save area on the card and retry.

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Somehow I don't think that will work but if you want to try it:

1. Create a .txt file and rename it to game.sav
2. Open game.sav and a real save game into a hex editor
3. Observe the offset the real save ends on (7FFFF)
4. Pad out your game.sav to that point with FF s

EDIT:
Here's a link to one I made http://www.mediafire.com/?jcntxmygeto

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried formatting your SD card, I had a similar problem once where my Simply wasn't making the save files, it turned out it was DSOrganize that caused the problem when I had tried to copy a file, Are you using DSO? if so make sure you're using 3.1129 as the newer vers are buggy.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
DSOrganize is one of the best homebrews developed for DS, it's something like a "operating system" with text editing possibilities, picture browsing, painting etc.

However, you have a problem that is bugging all R4/M3 Simply users..You need firmware update which isn't released yet, and nobody is sure if they are going to update at all anymore..
M3 Simply depends on R4, because they use identical firmware, so M3 Simply updates always a day or so after R4 gets update..

All you can do is try to find one of those "alternative" firmwares, but I'm not sure where can you find those, I've seen them around for R4, but not for M3 Simply, I've heard for it though..

blue337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agh....damnit, I was afraid of this happening, that they would stop putting out firmware as they made newer models.. So what do I do? just wait?

blue337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually yes..you wait..
You can be sure that M3 Team won't be updating unless R4 Team update, as they actually just modify firmware to fit M3 Simply hardware configuration!
Maybe someone here has an advice what else could you do, but as far as I know, you can really do nothing at all!:(

Maybe if you consider getting a new cart, M3 Real or something?! It would be a smart thing to do, as you can keep your Simply, and use Real or some other cart too! (that's what I did).

blue337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now aint that some BS ...

sleep.gif
god that's so stupid, the newest firmware is like a year old, how do we even know that they'll make a new one?

blue337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is depressing D: Maybe I'll just buy a new cart from DX. I could get a DSTT or ACEkard 2 for only like $25. Anyone in here with any experience with them?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, you can always check DSTT and AK boards..Or post the questions and criterion in "which cart should I get" topic..

I personally own M3 Simply, Real and CycloDS for NDS playing..
Real and Cyclo are both amazing carts, and I'm enjoying both of them..I favorite a Real a bit, but that's just because I'm a long time M3 user, and I've always been very happy with their support and updates..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: