Issues with KunaiGC

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can I see a picture of your installation?
Installation was fine, soldering was good
I've removed the mod, tested it in another gc, works, returned it into this one, nope.
For some reason,my og gc that I got on launch doesn't want to be modded
Guess imma wait for flippydrive :)

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed the mod, tested it in another gc, works, returned it into this one, nope.
Maybe its because your wiring to the BIOS is causing issues. I'd suggest getting the KunaiGC QSB for that matter.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What color is the "Please insert disk" text when you go into the BIOS disc screen?

Red means the BIOS is v1.0
Purple is v1.1 or v1.2 (can't remember exactly which one)

EDIT: Is this a DOL-101 without the serial port 2?

There's a warning on Stone Age Gamer's store page claiming it's not compatible with DOL-101 models and only compatible with DOL-001 with the serial port 2.

WARNING: Incompatible with DOL-101 model - you must have a DOL-001 that has the serial port 2 for this mod.

https://stoneagegamer.com/kunaigc.html

Last edited by master801,
Reactions: Byokugen

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are the wires shortened as much as possible? IPL chips are picky with wire length. My picoboot install had the same issue as yours at first until I shortened the wires. People recommend 26-28 awg.

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are the wires shortened as much as possible? IPL chips are picky with wire length. My picoboot install had the same issue as yours at first until I shortened the wires. People recommend 26-28 awg.
True, you're not wrong. The first time I ever did a PicoBoot mod was that I used 28AWG stranded wire for all of the points, turned it on and before you know it, the Pico fried. But not to worry, those things are cheap as chips.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
True, you're not wrong. The first time I ever did a PicoBoot mod was that I used 28AWG stranded wire for all of the points, turned it on and before you know it, the Pico fried. But not to worry, those things are cheap as chips.
That sounds more like it was wired wrong or there was a short, too long wires can affect the data signal and reduce available power, but it shouldn't be possible to fry the chip.

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds more like it was wired wrong or there was a short, too long wires can affect the data signal and reduce available power, but it shouldn't be possible to fry the chip.
I've used the Cubeboot firmware, which allowed me to add a custom logo text and color. Apparently, somebody said that the diagram is the same as PicoBoot.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've used the Cubeboot firmware, which allowed me to add a custom logo text and color. Apparently, somebody said that the diagram is the same as PicoBoot.
I load Cubeboot from the sd2sp2, since I didn't realize you could install it directly to the Pico (maybe this wasn't possible at the time)
Welp, too late to change it now unless I want to open the GC back up.

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What color is the "Please insert disk" text when you go into the BIOS disc screen?

Red means the BIOS is v1.0
Purple is v1.1 or v1.2 (can't remember exactly which one)

EDIT: Is this a DOL-101 without the serial port 2?

There's a warning on Stone Age Gamer's store page claiming it's not compatible with DOL-101 models and only compatible with DOL-001 with the serial port 2.

https://stoneagegamer.com/kunaigc.html
That's the point, there was no video output :)
Post automatically merged:

Kunai doesn't use wires

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom