Hacking Issues installing cIOS249 rev16 on System Menu 4.2

ravagetalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently assisted my friend in updating his system to 4.2. Obviously this removed a lot of the previous hacks including his older version of cIOS249. I know that 4.2 replaced 249 with a stub. I tried using Dop-IOS MOD to uninstall the stub, which apparently failed. I also tried using AnyTitle Deleter to remove it as well which "seemed" to work. Previous to this I also ran Trucha Bug Restorer MOD to re enable the IOS36 trucha bug, which seemed to be successful as I was able to use Wad Manager 1.5 under IOS36.

However, in attempting to use to official waninkoko installer, the Wii-mote instantly de-syncs with the console upon loading the installer via HBC and requires a manual shutdown. I haven't the foggiest idea why this is happening. Any ideas?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need to use IOS 36 to reinstall 249. If you choose 249 or 250, they'll be stubs and that's why the remotes are de syncing.

ravagetalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
Again, I think his issue is that it's not even letting him select an IOS...

Just keep pressing "A" and see what happens?

Correct. The de-syncing occurs as soon as I run the installer from HBC.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
daxtsu said:
You need to use IOS 36 to reinstall 249. If you choose 249 or 250, they'll be stubs and that's why the remotes are de syncing.
wrong, ninty TRIED to stub IOS250, but the version number of the stub is smaller than the version # of wanin's cios, so it was never actually stubbed (unless you never had the cIOS to begin with, in which case it would be "stubbed", but since the cios has a greater version #, that can be installed overtop of the stub IOS250 without having to delete it first)

Anyways, this is what you do, you download the package that comes with xzxero's simplistic mod (stickied on this forum), and use wad manager to install cIOS249 (and cIOS222/223 if u like). When using wad manager, u can use IOS36 or IOS250 to install other wads. If for some reason you de-sync again, plug in a gamecube controller and install the cios using that

ravagetalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
daxtsu said:
wrong, ninty TRIED to stub IOS250, but the version number of the stub is smaller than the version # of wanin's cios, so it was never actually stubbed (unless you never had the cIOS to begin with, in which case it would be "stubbed", but since the cios has a greater version #, that can be installed overtop of the stub IOS250 without having to delete it first)

Anyways, this is what you do, you download the package that comes with xzxero's simplistic mod (stickied on this forum), and use wad manager to install cIOS249 (and cIOS222/223 if u like). When using wad manager, u can use IOS36 or IOS250 to install other wads. If for some reason you de-sync again, plug in a gamecube controller and install the cios using that

I've actually tried all of that already to no avail. Wad Manager Errors when trying to install or uninstall IOS249. Also the GCN Controller seems to have no control. I have not yet tried the other cIOS versions. Up until now I was only familiar with cIOS249.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ok, use any title deleter MOD, use IOS36 to delete ios249, then try reinstalling cios249 using wad manager

if u cant delete ios249 using wad manager, use "show mii wads" (on your PC) to edit the cios249.wad that u have, change the version number any number that is greater than or equal to the stub version # (which is 65280), now u should be able to install the modded was overtop of the stub ios (i dont like this solution much though because ideally u would want to keep the rev# unchanged)

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
ravagetalon said:
BBking83 said:

no
desyncing ALWAYS happens when reloading ios

they just stay shutdown cause you load a stub ios

ravagetalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
ravagetalon said:
BBking83 said:

no

Uhh... don't tell me what I am seeing. I'm telling you its desyncing *THE VERY INSTANT* that the installer is run.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
are you using an SDHC to run the installer? my friend had the same freezing problem installing Hermes cIOSs because he was using an SDHC. my plain SD installed it fine.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
ravagetalon said:
Daco said:
ravagetalon said:
BBking83 said:

no

Uhh... don't tell me what I am seeing. I'm telling you its desyncing *THE VERY INSTANT* that the installer is run.
srry quoted wrong person, i meant to quote some1 else
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: