kimekaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings all,
This weekend, I was in the middle of a relaxing game of Animal Crossing when I suddenly realized that my villager was running without my having to press any buttons to do so. Long story short, it looks like my system thinks the R Trigger is held down, regardless of whether it is or not.

I have opened the system up and replaced the R Trigger cable with a new one, however the issue persists.

Does anyone have any advice at all? I *really* do not want to lose all my street/spotpass/miiplaza info by paying nintendo to replace my system for 95$ (it's a day1 unit, so the warranty is long expired).

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i guess next to buying a new system and transfering your data and then paying 95$ to have it replaced, theres not much you can do.
or do that and try to sell your system for leftovers?

you could maybe transfer everything to a new unit, have yours get replaced, transfer everything to that new unit (if thats possible and there are no transfer restrictions) and then sell the new one or try to return it or something...

one way or another, if you want to keep your data, you'll need to get a new system first

or find someone better at fixing buttons, that would of course be the best thing.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) take some pictures/videos so we can better understand the problem.

2) is this only for animal crossing?

3) when's the last time you remember the system functioning perfectly (without this "R button catastrophe" happening)?

kimekaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue persist constantly, it literally happened in the middle of a session of AC, however even from the 3DS main menu it just assumes the button is being held down.

Don't have the system with me (at work) presently, but to better describe it ... Luigis always attempts to vacuum regardless of what I do, The Villager always runs, games where camera rotation is bound to the triggers always has the camera spin in the R buttons assigned direction.

I guess I can disconnect the R trigger cable and see if it still does it, that would point to a mainboard issue though..

Edit: Yep, disconnected the ribbon cable and the system still thinks the button is being held down.. sigh

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
best you can do is check if there is anything making a bridge near the R trigger connection port, track down the connection on the board and clean it with some cotton swab and something of fast drying, I use alcohol normally, IDK if is the best idea but never has failed me for clean electronics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)