Hacking Issue SRing on Moon

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to upgrade to luma- the only thing I use homebrew for is emulating GB/GBC games. I have an old 3DS so I can't even do cool things like stream with homebrew, so why would I go through that effort when I'll probably f*ck it up anyway?

If it can't be fixed on menuhax, then fine, I'll accept that. Doesn't mean people have to be rude.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not going to upgrade to luma- the only thing I use homebrew for is emulating GB/GBC games. I have an old 3DS so I can't even do cool things like stream with homebrew, so why would I go through that effort when I'll probably f*ck it up anyway?

If it can't be fixed on menuhax, then fine, I'll accept that. Doesn't mean people have to be rude.
It's a lot easier than you think. If everyone is telling you the same thing, independently - you have to start to wonder whether it's you that's right, and everyone else who is wrong, or the other way around...?

I have a picture in my head of someone with the shell of a car + wheels, who is having a team of draft horses pull it around the track. He has to worry about feeding them, vet bills, lameness, grooming, and a host of other things. And he can only go 10 km/hr. While everybody else is zooming around the track. He gets a problem with one of the buckles on the harness that keeps coming loose. He asks for help and the others can't work out what the problem is because they don't use a harness at all. They ask him why doesn't he just put an engine (which is free) in his car shell, then he won't have to worry about buckles or anything else? And the person's answer is that he's afraid he'll make a mistake and the wheels will fall off and he won't be able to move at all.
And then he gets upset that anyone suggest he put an engine in a car, how ridiculous and rude!

Last edited by Quantumcat,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

I said the fact from what I saw. The one who rude first is yourself.
This thread is like "I have a problem but I will never change my setting even though it's a reason of my problem, Please help me".

Well, atleast you said you find even it can't be fix.

Just FYI,
- A9LH + Luma3DS can emulated GB/GBC better using Virsual Console
- As @ichidansan said, Luma3DS is easier to install. Even A9LH one is also easy: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
- Franken FW is not how 3DS design to work with, I used to using it a long time ago. More problem could occur. You have to move on.

Reactions: Quantumcat

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

like luma is so noob friendly you really dont have to worry. you get the option of doing a9hl+luma which is better emulation for gb/c and faster load time. I dont even use the a9lh part and happily have a emu/red nand and dont have to worry about any issues. like it is the solution to the issue.and with what little research i did from what you say is on your 3ds now, it should be cake to get cfw (not to confuse with cake cwf).

and I can see the worry, like honestly i wanted to get a second hand 3ds but with how easy it was I went ahead and modded my CE and get to play all the vc/homebrew I want with little to no issues. just have to have faith in the community trying to help

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- A9LH + Luma3DS can emulated GB/GBC better using Virsual Console
-
This has gotten off topic, but virtual console stuff is not what I want to emulate. If what I wanted to play was already on the virtual console I'd buy it. The bigger issue is the app I'm playing them on, which is GameYob. I cannot seem to find how to turn that save file into a file that can be read by another program, so I have to keep with a firmware that is compatible. I don't really want to lose my Crystal savefile.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This has gotten off topic, but virtual console stuff is not what I want to emulate. If what I wanted to play was already on the virtual console I'd buy it. The bigger issue is the app I'm playing them on, which is GameYob. I cannot seem to find how to turn that save file into a file that can be read by another program, so I have to keep with a firmware that is compatible. I don't really want to lose my Crystal savefile.
With VC injections you can play any game. Not just ones from the eShop.

Reactions: nechigawara

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC injecting is also super easy and customizable thanks to the tools people have made. And save exporting/injecting is also possible. There really is no reason not to get A9LH if you can. Especially if you're below 10.7, it's completely trivial to do nowadays and the rewards are pretty much endless.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If it's homebreaw, I think you can just back up 3DS folder elsewhere. Install Luma3DS, then restore your 3DS folder.
With VC injections you can play any game. Not just ones from the eShop.
He said his GB/GBC call GameYob use a save system which other app can't read.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
He said his GB/GBC call GameYob use a save system which other app can't read
He said he wasn't interested in VC because if there was something he wanted he'd buy it. I was pointing out that VC injections are not limited to what is on the eShop.

But regardless - CFW would only make it easier to get into GameYob. Either installed as a cia or with the homebrew launcher as a cia and accessing it from there.

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a question then- is Luma something you can boot into by holding a trigger button like menuhax? Because if not it would be inconvenient.

And I feel like before I even try anything I should send someone with Luma my copy of gameyob, the rom, and save to see if it works for sure. I don't want to be stuck and then unable to go back if it doesn't.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well, a question then- is Luma something you can boot into by holding a trigger button like menuhax? Because if not it would be inconvenient.

And I feel like before I even try anything I should send someone with Luma my copy of gameyob, the rom, and save to see if it works for sure. I don't want to be stuck and then unable to go back if it doesn't.
Luma3DS support menuhax as an exploit. Although we recommend to go A9LH instead
With A9LH, Luma3DS will load before console, and pointing you to Home Menu like you're using Normal 3DS.

Last edited by nechigawara,

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the way I have luma set up is that menuhax loads up, I can hold Y, my button of choice to not start the menuhax process and go straight to og sysnand. while letting the menuhax run, it goes to crtboot and has the option to either timer auto load luma, or me just click A on it.

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what does luma actually do on its own then? I haven't really paid attention to homebrew since the Wii and that only had one launcher- having all these different variants for 3DS perplexes me.
I've always been more of an 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mentality.. but I guess mine is broke now- and the SR issue isn't the only issue I've been having; I also could not upload or download battle videos for a while before this, but I could find nobody else reporting that issue.
Forgot to mention I also use themehax but I would not be sad if that was gone.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So what does luma actually do on its own then? I haven't really paid attention to homebrew since the Wii and that only had one launcher- having all these different variants for 3DS perplexes me.
I've always been more of an 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mentality.. but I guess mine is broke now- and the SR issue isn't the only issue I've been having; I also could not upload or download battle videos for a while before this, but I could find nobody else reporting that issue.
Forgot to mention I also use themehax but I would not be sad if that was gone.
Here:
What can it do?

User friendly menu: Upon first boot this menu gives you a basic set up for the install as well can be accessed later for some basic configuration options.

A9LH, MenuHax, MSET support: Meaning no matter what auto-boot entry point you are using, you will have support for it. It also supports the older MSET exploit.

Running Luma3DS from CTRNAND: Luma3DS's arm9loaderhax can be copied to the CTRNAND. This allows booting the CFW directly from the CTRNAND. This also includes all the patches found in Luma3DS such as Reboot patches, FIRM protection, ect. Follow this guide to setting up Luma3DS onto your CTRNAND

EmuNAND and SysNAND support: Luma3DS can run CFW on your sysNAND (using A9LH) and still supports emuNAND (all entrypoints)

Multi-EmuNAND support: Allowing you to run multi-EmuNANDs on the SD card, because it can do that.

FIRM0/1 protection for A9LH: This layer of protection allows you to always have your SysNAND up to date, without the risk of losing your CFW support and A9LH install. This feature is on by default.

Reboot patches for old3DS built into the launcher: These patches allow you to run games that require a lot of RAM like Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter 4. As well allows you to run GBA custom games, older DS(i) flashcarts with header, and launch custom DSi apps.

Region Free: You can play both physical games and CIA's from other regions.

Silent updates are disabled: Updates will not download while in sleep mode

(The next few are going to be quoted from the wiki because I don't know how to word them. They are the more technical stuff.)

Payload Chainloading: This A9LH feature allows you to launch A9LH applications through Luma3DS's built-in boot loader. To quote the official wiki

Session persistency:

Show current NAND in System Settings: Quoted to better explain

New3DS CPU speed adjustments: Which allows you to control your New3DS’ CPU clock speed

Boot splashes: Allowing you to add a boot splash upon start up

Region/language emulation: Just what is sounds like, you can spoof your system's region and language

Dev mode: You can use Luma3DS to turn your system into a Dev 3DS (requires Dev build)

RO patching: "RO is a service that loads .CRO files (CTR Relocatable Objects, maybe.) CRO files are like .DLLs (Windows) or Linux shared objects (.so). They have a separate signature check routine with RO - without a patch to RO to disable the signature check, RO will refuse to load unsigned or invalidly signed code from CROs. A large amount of code in some games (like Pokémon) is stored not in the ExeFS, but the CRO files." quoted from this post

Security Pin: Luma3DS provides the option to set up a button-combination before boot. This allows you to set up a PIN to protect your 3DS from unwanted tampering.

These are just the features I covered: The rest are in the wiki
It's also allow you to install cia format homebrew, allow you to access homebrew like normal 3DS app.
Even those homebrew doesn't have cia version, you can install cia version of homebrew launcher and launch it from there.

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might look into it but it's way too late tonight to. I would still like some confirmation GameYob will work but I might have to search on that one. But if it doesn't end up fixing the issues I have with my current then I won't know what to do.
Do you install NASA updates with Luma or how does one get around updating with that? I'm wary of depending on ctrhttpwn sicne that's an outside resource and has been down due to moving servers.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I might look into it but it's way too late tonight to. I would still like some confirmation GameYob will work but I might have to search on that one. But if it doesn't end up fixing the issues I have with my current then I won't know what to do.
Do you install NASA updates with Luma or how does one get around updating with that? I'm wary of depending on ctrhttpwn sicne that's an outside resource and has been down due to moving servers.
A9LH + Luma3DS can do anythings like normal 3DS, include update system directly. Although you have to check from the community first to be safe.

About GameYob, I cound try runing it for you after my work hours. (My timezone is GMT+7 so right now I'm working.)

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably upload it all in a zip later then (playin Moon currently)
But, if I wanted to can I still use NASA? Even if updating would be safe I don't know if I want to.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'll probably upload it all in a zip later then (playin Moon currently)
But, if I wanted to can I still use NASA? Even if updating would be safe I don't know if I want to.
Technically, you can still using NASA and make your FW become Franken FW on Luma3DS.
Also, you can make NAND (Your FW) back up if you're using A9LH. So you can restore it when your Franken FW gone wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm half way at my savings for a new move