Hacking Issue SRing on Moon

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually when you hold L+R+select on a pokemon game the game reset to the title screen. Instead, my Moon's been resetting to the home menu. I'm using Menuhax 2.0 on an old 3DS and have to launch the game from the region-free launcher to bypass the forced update the game tries to do.. could any of that be the reason?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually when you hold L+R+select on a pokemon game the game reset to the title screen. Instead, my Moon's been resetting to the home menu. I'm using Menuhax 2.0 on an old 3DS and have to launch the game from the region-free launcher to bypass the forced update the game tries to do.. could any of that be the reason?
O3ds always needed reboot patches anyway so lack of ran could be it.

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't really know what cfw is nor am I willing to upgrade or downgrade from my current firmware.. so I guess I'll have to live with it. I'm on 10.1.0-34 and have been using NVER to retain online functionality. Don't want to go through the agony or using luma.

Edit- oh, it stands for custom firmware rather than being a specific thing.. but I'm still not going through the trouble of downgrading when I know I'll screw it up- I wasn't the one who initially set up homebrew on my system.

Last edited by LunarXDiviner,

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea SM has N3DS requirements and it pushes the old model to it's maximum potential. I'm on a new 3ds and I have no issue with soft reset. So there is your answer. However I feel as though soft reset should work since the game should not actually turn off, just return to main menu.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which zelda? SM need extend memory on O3DS. Are there any Zelda games that also need extend memory?
this is my 3ds, dont know if its any different than the any other hardware wise, but it soft resets S&M fine.
zelda_27625.nphd.jpg

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I do know how to soft reset, I even said how to in the first post. And I can SR my Omega Ruby just fine- it does not work on Moon on /my/ 3DS. On my sister's old 3DS with the same Moon cart, it does work.. so it's something with mine that it can't handle SRing Moon.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

wallacepower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I do know how to soft reset, I even said how to in the first post. And I can SR my Omega Ruby just fine- it does not work on Moon on /my/ 3DS. On my sister's old 3DS with the same Moon cart, it does work.. so it's something with mine that it can't handle SRing Moon.
tried L+R+Select+Start?

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's not that it doesn't reset.. it's that when it resets it exits the game completely to the home menu, which is annoying because then I have to turn the 3DS off so I can boot back into homebrew and launch it from there to bypass the forced update the cart prompts otherwise.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's not that it doesn't reset.. it's that when it resets it exits the game completely to the home menu, which is annoying because then I have to turn the 3DS off so I can boot back into homebrew and launch it from there to bypass the forced update the cart prompts otherwise.
Why aren't you on the latest firmware, if you can launch homebrew?

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm using menuhax 2.0, and I use NASA to install NVER updates. I'm not the one who set up homebrew on my system, so I'm not going to do something to screw it up now.

My brother also lost his Cubic Ninja

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm using menuhax 2.0, and I use NASA to install NVER updates. I'm not the one who set up homebrew on my system, so I'm not going to do something to screw it up now.

My brother also lost his Cubic Ninja
so most likely its just how the mod is set up then the 3ds being unable to do the soft reset. I'd assume that because you have it on to not update, that it has to spoof the firmware to play the game in some way, which with a reset would force it to reset the 3ds. all assumption.

its easy to swap to Luma CFW, like ezpz. all you'll need is a large enough SD card and the files for setup which can be found in the many tutorials here on gbatemp

Last edited by ichidansan,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of a soft reset anyway? Either you save and exit, or you boot the game and load your save... I find soft-resetting to be a much smaller first-world problem than this thread is making it out to be.

LunarXDiviner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You soft reset for static encounter pokemon.. and if you don't want to help nobody asked you.
I was just curious if anybody else had the problem or knew what caused it, guess my answer is I have to SR on my sister's non modded 3DS because this doesn't sound fixable without a large overhaul of my homebrew.

I don't have any spare SD cards so Luma's unlikely to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM