Hacking Issue changing sd cards (sd2vita)

TheRisingSean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right so ive recently got a 64gb sd card. and i assumed that transfering the data from my current 16gb one would be enough for the 64gb to work in my sd2vita. yet for some reason the sd card doesnt get recognized at all.

my plugins are at ur0 and my sd2vita is mounted at ux0... been at this all night...

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right so ive recently got a 64gb sd card. and i assumed that transfering the data from my current 16gb one would be enough for the 64gb to work in my sd2vita. yet for some reason the sd card doesnt get recognized at all.

my plugins are at ur0 and my sd2vita is mounted at ux0... been at this all night...
Did u do the sd2vita setup steps on the new card?

TheRisingSean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did the same thing and it worked for me! Make sure that you have the same amount of files and disk space occupied on both SD cards

Well I'm transfering a 16gb sd to a 64gb SD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm transfering a 16gb sd to a 64gb SD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
What I mean is that when you look at the properties on the pc it shoul have the same number of files and Space occuped as the original 16 gb one. Not the free space.

TheRisingSean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I mean is that when you look at the properties on the pc it shoul have the same number of files and Space occuped as the original 16 gb one. Not the free space.

thats strange. the folder i transfered over is 8gb and the sd has 11gb taken...

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Try this...
Hopefully you have an SD card reader or something.
Set whatever you're trying to copy from as the USB device in VitaShell, then connect your Vita to your PC. In My Computer, right-click the drive the Vita shows up as. Do NOT open it, just right-click and select "Copy."
Go to somewhere, Desktop, wherever, then paste. It should create a folder named after the drive.
Now, connect the new SD card however you were planning to (hopefully a reader).
OPEN the drive letter-named folder you just created, select everything, copy and paste it to the 64GB card.
That's how I had to do it to get mine to work properly when I first set it up.
What this will also do is if, heaven forbid, you got a bad SD card, it'll tell you.

Last edited by eighthdayregret,

TheRisingSean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

the sd card is being recognised now, but the games arent showing up. gonna back them up with QCMA and see who that goes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now GBAtemp is recommending me THC pharmaceuticals.