Issue changing sd cards (sd2vita)

TheRisingSean Sep 6, 2019.

1. ZeroSene

ZeroSene Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2019
    Vietnam
    Depend on the maker, but 64gb can be anything from 58gb-64gb. Problem with sd2vita adapter is they seem to work well the first time, but when you take the microSD out, they break so randomly. I just believe you have more chance of adapter gone bad destroy the microSD than a normal microSD card defect if you can copy so much into it.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    That's why getting the all metal eject slot/full PCB v2.0 last forever

3. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    buy from www.mymemory.co.uk legit cards at the lowest price you can get in the UK... only downside is 2 days (free) delivery...

256gb is like £23...

do not buy SD cards off ebay, especially from china...

Last edited by Vinceherman, Sep 9, 2019
  4. DuveltjeDG

DuveltjeDG GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2019
    Netherlands
    It does not depand that much, if your 64 GB says 64 GB there is something fischy. 64.000.000.000.000 / 1024 /1024 / 1024 / 1024 should give a good reference of what to expect.

sd2vita adapter that damage sd card could indeed happen but in the case of this issue I'm almost certain that it is a non legit SD card.

My experience with sd2vita is non of the above. No issue with legit cards and no damage at all. I always take them out to add stuff.

5. HaseebTehsin

HaseebTehsin Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    Canada
    The best way to check if a card is legit or fake is to try to fill it up and see if it holds the contents. I recently got a 256gb card and I had a doubt that it was fake so I started copying 8gb folders again and again and after 2 tries it started deleting the older ones to make space for the new ones, turned out it was a 16gb chinese card that shows 256gb size programmatically. A tool to do the same is H2testw, it copies random data to card and reads back after filling it up telling you how much was lost and what was retained.

I would suggest buying memory cards from AliExpress, I have bought two 128gb cards for about $28 CAD each, write speed is 90MB/s and cards are legit, using one of them in vita now, had no problem, also bought sd2vita from there, everything works flawlessly. Can take a bit longer to arrive but saves you a lot of money and headache.

6. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    28 is kinda pricy

7. HaseebTehsin

HaseebTehsin Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    Canada
    28 Canadian dollars (21 USD) is not in my opinion, you get 128 gigs class 10 UHS-3 original cards, you can use it for years and it won't die on you, buy same from best buy it'll cost you $50+ plus taxes.

Last edited by HaseebTehsin, Sep 11, 2019
  8. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    128GB is about 18-20

9. HaseebTehsin

HaseebTehsin Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    Canada
    Can you tell me where I can find it for 18 to 20? I bet that has low writing speeds (23MB/s). That's the case with most of the cards out there

10. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Also NEVER BUY MEMORY FROM Aliexpress it's just like buying from ebay

11. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    100MB/s

12. HaseebTehsin

HaseebTehsin Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    Canada
    when you buy it from official stores with excellent after sales services, it is not like ebay at all

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

share the link, I'll buy from there in future if it's legit

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted