Hacking ISO or FD Folder for games placed on external HD? Please Advise...

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my PS3 a looooong time ago and just opened up my Move Bundle tonight and tried to rip the Sports game that came with it. It (multiMAN) ripped the game as an ISO and when I went into my external drive to check on it I couldn't find anything. Back when I set everything up (a looooong time ago) all my games on my external drive were in folders (I guess since its formatted in FAT32 an entire ISO doesn't work). I recall using some games in ISO format originally but had a few with compatibility issues so I stayed with the folder versions.

1) Are these folders called "FD Folders"?

2) I am trying to find information (again) on how to rip stuff and I can't remember if I ever used an external program to convert PS3 games (like the WBFS Manager for Wii) from ISO to folders, etc.

Any insight would be fantastic... thanks.

Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The easiest way to go (in my opinion) is to use webMan Mod + Irisman, use webMan Mode to launch your games and Irisman to manage them (move to external/internal storage, dump games from discs, ...)

You should put folder type games in GAMES/ and iso type games in PS3ISO/ on the root of either internal or external storage, both works

So to answer your questions:

1) Folder games are in GAMES/ folder

2) If you want to convert from folder to iso type, you can use tools like PS3 Iso Tool, there is no other special thing to do like on the wii (with wbfs), you just have to put your games in the correct folder. And if you want to dump a game from disc just launch Irisman and you should be able to do it easily

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.