Hacking .ISO in parts

LDE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay my friend gave me some PSP .iso games to play but I found some of them are in .rar parts so its like examplepart1.rar and i'm not so sure how to extract them because when I try to extract part 1 it says the file is corrupted, I tried searching online for help but I only see trolls bang on about piracy and whatnot and not really helping.

I'm not sure how this is meant to work so some help would be very nice, thanks.

LDE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So the iso is probably corrupt. Anyways, if this happens again, you have to zip the file back together.
I didn't include this in the first since i'm not really sure but I read through all the online rubble that you have to do is have all the parts in 1 location on your computer eg.desktop and extract only part one and the rest will be extracted as well or something like that, i'm not very sure.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I dont know. My knowledge kinda ends there, as i usually stay away from Isos that come in more that one part.
Have you tried extracting all of them to the desktop?

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One thing that is possible :

Sometimes all of the parts are inside another zip. You need to extract those first, otherwise it won't find the other parts. If all of the parts are in the same folder, opening any part should extract the full package.

I prefer to use WinRar for any zip/rar needs, never had any problems with it.

LDE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh. I dont know. My knowledge kinda ends there, as i usually stay away from Isos that come in more that one part.
Have you tried extracting all of them to the desktop?
I did but it didn't work for some reason, i don't want to have to not play the games since it'll be a waste but i'm not very sure how its meant to work.

Could you post some screenshots plse?
Sure, i'm going out for a bit but when i come back i'll post some screen shots of it.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
They should be something.part1.rar or something.r01 that program knows it's in many parts and not falsely detect it as corrupted. Usually when some game is in many rar files it's good thing becouse it's higher change it's "untouched" original release and not some [censored] release which may not be whole deal. If it has .nfo with it then you got the good stuff.
Winrar and my favorite 7zip should unrar those files if they are in same folder. Just click first part with right mouse button and select "extract here". Depending what program you use option place may vary.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
I've only encountered this in 2 situations:

1) A part was missing.
2) One of the parts finished downloading prematurely.

I've only used 7zip so far. I only open the first archive (sometimes I misclick and open another one, but still works) and as long as the parts are there, it automatically extracts from all of them to form your file(s).

LDE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They should be something.part1.rar or something.r01 that program knows it's in many parts and not falsely detect it as corrupted. Usually when some game is in many rar files it's good thing becouse it's higher change it's "untouched" original release and not some [censored] release which may not be whole deal. If it has .nfo with it then you got the good stuff.
Winrar and my favorite 7zip should unrar those files if they are in same folder. Just click first part with right mouse button and select "extract here". Depending what program you use option place may vary.
Thanks, it worked. I'm not new to the PSP but I haven't used mine for a long time and need to relearn everything again since I forgot them.

LDE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if there is any new games hat you suggest I should play?

I tried the sticky guide but I want to see if there is anything that might've been missed or is underrated but still good.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I've been playing Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman and it's pretty awesome.
Also Corpse Party is a fun title but there isn't too much actual 'game' it kinda plays out like an interactive novel.
ATM on my memory stick I have:

Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
Flatout Head On
Shadow of Destiny
Gods Eater Burst
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Socom 3
Kingdom Hearts birth By Sleep
The Legend of Heroes Trails In The Sky
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection
Corpse Party
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition
Ace Combat Joint Assault
Broken Sword II (running on ScummVM)
Loads of GBA games on GBA emu
Loads of SNES games on SNES emu

All these games are great, some old some new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM