iSmartDS

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The dstwo AAP engine is the same than the dsone to my opinion. No need extra CPU to do that.
wink.gif

But people like to think their extra CPU does it well. hahaha ...

person12321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first thing i thought when i read its features was : wow another dstwo.
they have like the same features as the ds2. but for a lower price. im pretty sure it has many more bugs as well. and whats with the whole premium thing? they havent even released a first ismart but theyre calling theirs ismart premium. wow.

Alfadir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mbmax said:
The dstwo AAP engine is the same than the dsone to my opinion. No need extra CPU to do that.
wink.gif

But people like to think their extra CPU does it well. hahaha ...
Not exactly the same but yes no extra CPU use for the both.

The particularity of the SC APP is that it's a software application, no need to flash the firmware and you keep the usage of all options like realtime cheat, soft reset, realtime save... when you use it.
And there is no need to activate or disactivate it, it's always on.

QUOTE(person12321 @ Aug 2 2010, 11:18 AM) the first thing i thought when i read its features was : wow another dstwo.
they have like the same features as the ds2. but for a lower price. im pretty sure it has many more bugs as well. and whats with the whole premium thing? they havent even released a first ismart but theyre calling theirs ismart premium. wow.
It's not (or it's not said) an Extra CPU flashcard.
So there is no reason to compare this flashcard to DSTwo.

On the other side you can easily compare it to DSOnei and EZFlashVi the other "normal" flashcard with an APP system and compatible with DSi/DSiXL.

And don't be sure of nothing until no one have try this linker. The OS is not even finish, hard to say if it will have bugs or not, it does exist at all ^^.

Animal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
person12321 said:
they have like the same features as the ds2. but for a lower price.

No way.

Where do you see:
- New exclusive feature "Free Cheat"
- Real-Time-Save power up! It increased RTS slots up to 4 individual slots
- Hardware supports slow motion (Changed from Cheat code method to hardware method.)
- Convenient file-operate function
- Plugins (GBA + iReader)

This is provided by SCDS2

Diogoseiras

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a clone of a clone card of acekard: the R4Ultra. The size of the kernel is equal to both.
Ps: Sorry for my grammar, but i'm portuguese and i'm not veruy good at English.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Veho said:
TeenDev said:
I have noticed that they are better at grammar and general English than the traditional flashcart company. They still have a bit to go though.
Yeah, that's been bugging me. Why can't flashcard companies get someone who actually speaks English to translate their horrible ENGRISH into regular English? How hard would that be? I'm sure someone from the Temp would be willing to do it in exchange for a free sample
tongue.gif

i've offered and they never take me up on it. so i'll continue to slam their "engrish" in each review.

-another world

person12321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal said:
person12321 said:
they have like the same features as the ds2. but for a lower price.

No way.

Where do you see:
- New exclusive feature "Free Cheat"
- Real-Time-Save power up! It increased RTS slots up to 4 individual slots
- Hardware supports slow motion (Changed from Cheat code method to hardware method.)
- Convenient file-operate function
- Plugins (GBA + iReader)

This is provided by SCDS2

ya i realized that after a while of reading on the ismart website. im glad i got the dstwo. but i am going to try this ismart thing. if its crap then ill just give it to my friend. but i might be able to do some research on it like open it and anything pretty much.

_mrshl_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Veho said:
"Video playback" probably just means .dpg movies. If it really played all movie formats, I think they'd point it out. Loudly.
Where does it even say "video playback" (apart from the first post in this thread)? Can't seem to find that...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
_mrshl_ said:
Where does it even say "video playback" (apart from the first post in this thread)? Can't seem to find that...
Now that you've mentioned it, it's never actually mentioned on the product page
unsure.gif

I saw it in the first post and assumed the OP knew what he was talking about.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
_mrshl_ said:
Now that you've mentioned it, it's never actually mentioned on the product page
unsure.gif

I saw it in the first post and assumed the OP knew what he was talking about.
fail-boat.jpg

ismartds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ismartds.com
XP
Country
United States
This is George from iSmartDS. Yes, the iSmartDS that everyone was talking and guessing and laughing about.

I have been reading the posts here since our site (www.ismartds.com) got spotted and mentioned by GBAtemp member. We had not made any statements here yet because we still had few issues that we needed to take care before we could say anything here.

Now that pretty much everything is being settled, we are here to explain and answer some of the issues people had been asking about.

About our new flashcart (iSmart Premium), here are answers to some of the questions asked.
iSmart Premium is not:
1. This is not one of the cheap R4 clones, we can assure you that.
2. This is not another SCDS2. It does not use powerful CPU and it does not cost as much as SCDS2.

iSmart Premium is at the same level of SC DS1, M3i Zero or EZ Vi. However, it does provide some additional features like:
1. Anti-Piracy Auto Detection. I know SCDS2 was the first one to come out with this, but being the second and offering it at reasonable price is not that bad in our opinion.
2. Enhanced hardware to make it more compatible with wider range of memory cards. Some flashcarts had problems with low speed cheap memory cards. We made some enhancement to the hardware so it is more compatible with the memory cards out there.
3. The kernel source code and SDK will be released to public. This may not mean anything to most of the users, but to some developers, this may be big for them. There are many C, C++ programmers out there who love open source projects. They can take the code to modify it to any way they like it. You like the CycloDS Evolution GUI? you can change the GUI yourself. You do not have to know the game level. You can make changes to UI only without knowing anything of games or our SDK. For those who are into games, the SDK will be available as well. You can totally rewrite it. Write something like AKAIO for Acekard 2 if you wish.

We know we are a little bit late in coming out with iSmart Premium. Everyone is expecting another flashcart to come out to compete with SCDS2 or to offer something that SCDS2 does not offer. However, we do offer another option for the users and we do believe the open source will attract some developers into the flashcart development.

We are also in the process of developing a new flashcart that is at SCDS2 level which will provide direct video playing by using powerful CPU. However, we are still months away from completing the project. More details will be available later.

Our web site is not completely finished yet. However, it was spotted before we would like people to know about us. our designer had a spelling error and members made fun of it here. I would like to apologize for the mistake first and also to let everyone know that it has been corrected. We will be more careful with the contents of our site since a lot of people know our site already.

We will be offering samples for reviewers in few weeks. For those of you who had done reviews in the past, please contact us. Here are some of the information we will need from you so we can decide if we can offer the sample to you.

1. Let us know your screen name at GBAtemp so we know if you are reputable member here.
2. Show us the reviews you had done in the past so we can be sure you are not someone who just likes to have a free sample of flashcart.
3. We prefer both written reviews and video reviews (youtube). Please let us know the reviews you had done in the past.
4. If you own your own web site for your reviews, please let us know your domains.
5. Retailers who like to have a sample before you decide to carry iSmart Premium are welcome to contact us too.

Our contact email is [email protected]. Feel free to drop us an email for any questions or comments. We are open to any suggestions.

We will also look for developers (in C++) who may be interested in taking up our source code and modify it. Developers who can show us some evidence that you are really into it and that you are experienced C++ programmer, we will consider offering you the free samples as well.

Free samples will be limited in quantity. The final price for iSmart Premium has not been set yet, but it is definitely in the range of the flashcarts like DS1 or M3i0.

Thank you for everyone's interest in iSmart Premium. We certainly hope that we can continue to come out with new products to help the community. We are a new company but we are not new to flashcarts. iSmart Premium will not be the only product we have. We will be here for long time and hopefully we will have something for 3DS in the future as well.

George at iSmartDS.com

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Wow. It sounds like serious business. Looking forward to it. I've been quite disappointed by my CycloDS Evo these days, and an alternative to it would be a great idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them