Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
ismartds said:
(What he said)

Boy, I'm actually pretty won over by this. It seems like they really know what they're doing. I commend that!

And the best part... No Engrish!

I'm officially interested in this now.
yay.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alfadir said:
Mbmax said:
The dstwo AAP engine is the same than the dsone to my opinion. No need extra CPU to do that.
wink.gif

But people like to think their extra CPU does it well. hahaha ...
Not exactly the same but yes no extra CPU use for the both.

The particularity of the SC APP is that it's a software application, no need to flash the firmware and you keep the usage of all options like realtime cheat, soft reset, realtime save... when you use it.
And there is no need to activate or disactivate it, it's always on
Some games can't run with that feature always ON. That's why you still have a clean mode on your DStwo and a special mode on EZ5i.
wink.gif

The CPU is not used for the APP, for now ...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ismartds said:
2. Enhanced hardware to make it more compatible with wider range of memory cards. Some flashcarts had problems with low speed cheap memory cards. We made some enhancement to the hardware so it is more compatible with the memory cards out there.

George at iSmartDS.com
I would be interested to try this with a few of my dodgey memory cards that run poorly on my acekards.

All in all if the price point is ok I would probably get one. The DSTWO is too expensive for me as I wouldn't realy use many of the features and I don't like the reduced battery life.

ismartds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ismartds.com
XP
Country
United States
We have a little bit more detail of the source code/SDK that we are releasing.

The source code will be released is the SHELL part of the kernel. Developer will be able to take the source code and change it to a totally different interface. Make it R4 like or CycloDS Evolution like or something totally new.

The source code that are games specific like (RTS, Cheat..) will not be released. Instead it will be included in the SDK. Developers will have access to the features through the SDK that we are providing.

Source code will be available right after we launch iSmart Premium (end of August). The SDK will be available in October.

Both the source code and SDK will be available from our site when they are available and can be downloaded freely. Any questions related to our source code and SDK, please contact us.

George

Alfadir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mbmax said:
Alfadir said:
Mbmax said:
The dstwo AAP engine is the same than the dsone to my opinion. No need extra CPU to do that.
wink.gif

But people like to think their extra CPU does it well. hahaha ...
Not exactly the same but yes no extra CPU use for the both.

The particularity of the SC APP is that it's a software application, no need to flash the firmware and you keep the usage of all options like realtime cheat, soft reset, realtime save... when you use it.
And there is no need to activate or disactivate it, it's always on
Some games can't run with that feature always ON. That's why you still have a clean mode on your DStwo and a special mode on EZ5i.
wink.gif

The CPU is not used for the APP, for now ...
As i had said the SC's AP is different from EZFlash one.
With EZFlashVi if you use the special mode (and i think it's the same thing if you use the APP on a cyclo) you loose the other functions (soft reset, cheat, rts,...) on SC (1 n 2) with APP you don't loose those function (but in clean mode yes ^^).
If i'm wrong don't hesitate to tell it to me, i have try only few games with special mode on EZ5 and my Cyclo is under one centimeter of dust ^^.

I'm impatient to try the iSmart to see how it works, its GUI, the skinning system, the SDK, the differences with other flashcarts...

ismartds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ismartds.com
XP
Country
United States
iSmart Premium will be out by the end of August or beginning of September.

The price may be a little bit higher than AK2i, but not by much. Also, USB reader will be included in the package.

These are the features that Acekard 2i does not provide while we do:
Real Time Save
Real Time Guide
Anti Piracy Auto Detection

We are also confident with the quality of our product. You will not experience problem with spring, contacts.

Let us know what other information you are looking for so we can provide that to you.

Alfadir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ismartds said:
Let us know what other information you are looking for so we can provide that to you.
Do you have some preview of the GUI to show ?

Or better can you provide us an exemple of skin with all pictures and ini files.

ismartds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ismartds.com
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
According to iSmart website, this flashcart will be able to use EZ5i skins.

QUOTE said:
Skins:

Our skin is compatible with EZ Vi skin. You can use any of the skin for EZ Vi on iSmart Premium. Copy the .DAT file to the SYSTEM\SKIN folder and select it from the system setting.

iSmart Premium Manual

That is correct. We are still finalizing the skin and menu. We should have them ready in the next few days.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hate to be negative, but what reason is there to get this over the EZ-Flash-Vi? Atleast with the EZ-Flash Vi you know there is a team behind it who have a proven track record of supporting their devices.

ismartds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ismartds.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I hate to be negative, but what reason is there to get this over the EZ-Flash-Vi? Atleast with the EZ-Flash Vi you know there is a team behind it who have a proven track record of supporting their devices.

Short answer:
Price + Anti Piracy Detection + Open Source/SDK

Quality will be same if not better. You will get the support from us. Every company has its' start up period, right? Let us prove what we can do and how we do it.

So don't be negative yet. We will be sending out samples to people to write reviews. You can be negative then if you see bad ones.

If you are interested in writing a review, drop us an email. We can offer a sample for you to write one.

George

chrissmith9c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm
Well they seem to care about the product they are making so if this is all it seems to be I could use something cheep to replace my AceKard 2

tolana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i'm gonna get one. why? because i think it sounds great, and i can't control it XD well i guess im a collector of flashcards, it's like a sickness.. "Must buy... or i die..."
wink.gif

Alfadir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ismartds said:
Mbmax said:

QUOTE said:
Skins:

Our skin is compatible with EZ Vi skin. You can use any of the skin for EZ Vi on iSmart Premium. Copy the .DAT file to the SYSTEM\SKIN folder and select it from the system setting.

iSmart Premium Manual

That is correct. We are still finalizing the skin and menu. We should have them ready in the next few days.
It's a good thing, like that we already have a program to make skins for iSmart, no need to wait for it ^^

If it's based on last EZ's OS we have acces to .DAT .ANI and the both .BIN.

ismartds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ismartds.com
XP
Country
United States
Alfadir said:
ismartds said:
Mbmax said:

QUOTE said:
Skins:

iSmart Premium Manual

It's a good thing, like that we already have a program to make skins for iSmart, no need to wait for it ^^

If it's based on last EZ's OS we have acces to .DAT .ANI and the both .BIN.

Yes you will have access to both .BIN and .DAT and .ANI.

Here is the preview of the menu.
Function menu includes: 'Nintendo DS Games', 'GBA games for 3 in 1 pack', 'Moonshell Multi Media', 'Boot from Slot2 device'and 'System Setting'.

function_menu.JPG

NDS Game menu:

game_menu.JPG

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There' Moonshell mixed in too in the design, no? But anyway, it's a really great design, I particularly like the bottom and more detailed screen =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy