Gaming Is zelda worth it

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game seems like a worthy entry to the series, but the stylus-only controls is a dealbreaker for me.

An action game should have precise, responsive controls.

And it shouldn't be uncomfortable to play a video games!

Lastly, a video game should be easily concealed at work. ;>

DeanS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a hardcore Zelda fan since the first game... I don't like it.

And the controls are sooooooo bad, why can't I just f*cking move with the D-Pad!!!

You can go to hell then and stop complaining, it's pretty innovative for it's controls and would have better off been worse with the D-pad since it would feel like the other games Zelda released games and regardless be boring. with the "Here we going again..".
It's really enjoyable.

Go buy the game its fun.
happy.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree. It's not innovative at all.
Touchscreen technology has been around for quite some time, and even the DS itself has been using the stylus to control games for years now.

It's not so much innovative as it is gimmicky.

And it shouldn't go without saying that there have been over 12 Zelda games - each one using the directional pad - and not one has been a "here we go again" game.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hm.. yes it's worth of buying. best ds game so far, but that's just my opinion. And i'm not even zelda fan. Only played like 2 zeldas.

Ps. i like the controlls. *hates ds d-pad thing*
Corrrection: *hates every button on ds expect L and R*

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
It sure is kinda easy, boss and monsters are really easy to defeat. i hope the length of the game is here though.

I'm not really far in the game (just beat the first boss and got the Phantom Hourglass), but from what I saw you'll have to go back to explore everything (some doors closed in a dungeon for the moment). You also have cracked walls all over the world, but no bag to put bombs in for the moment. Thanks to the mini-map, you can write the place where you gotta try later anyway.

The world seems to be quite large, with random stuff on the map like sales ship, random enemies and so on.

The gameplay is really great. I was afraid when heard that it's 90% "stylus only", but it really reacts well. Except for the roll thing, which is really crappy and not so useful.. The boomerang is hell of useful too, to stun enemies and get rupies and hearts back. With 5 minutes of training, it becomes instinctive to run, walk, throw rocks and jump over holes.

If you liked the "Wind Waker" style like me, it's a real pleasure to see it on DS. The "Minish Cap" was great too, but far too cartoonish to really look like "Wind Waker". The 3D is great and smooth, explosions are detailed and cartoon-like. Kinda make me think the DS is able to get some good 3D games finally, after my terrible experience with the crappy "Viewtiful Joe".

A really good "Zelda" for the moment as far as I got, I really got sprinkles in my eyes for the moment. Cheers !

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
its all depend on you if you like Zelda games, buy it..else dont....

game is personal preferences, game that other people enjoy doesnt mean you enjoy it as well....

i personally dont enjoy Zelda games as well as Mario games...that alot of people try to force them on me....

its all depend on you...the gamer.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
I do it. But I can't see the point of the roll.

You don't even go faster than running !

You can dodge with it : ( and drop things from trees. It's usefull in that battle mode atleast.

That's right, drop things from trees. Rupies and hearts, but you always have enough not to need to stupidly roll on trees to refill them ;P

Haven't tried the Battle Mode though, it surely adds a strategic point in gameplay.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes its very easy and short for a Zelda game BUT its a lot longer than most DS titles.

It is worth buying, its a shame most people haven't got used to the controls which I've had no problems with.

If by some chance you don't like it you could always return it and get your money back,

IceFreak2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If youv'e played Zelda Phantom hourglass please tell me. DO you think it is worth buying?

Let's put it this way; I'm currently playing it on my M3 Simply, and when it is officially released by Nintendo in the UK, I will be passing some of my hard earned folding stuff over the counter of my local gamer friendly shop and picking up a physical copy.

It's a great example of what can be achieved with the DS hardware - the touch screen controls take all of ten minutes to get used to, and once you've picked up the Boomerang you'll start to see how useful the touch screen mechanism is.

Great visuals, great sound, excellent game (so far - I've only just got to Gust Island, and I've no idea how far I've yet to go). Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. I only hope I can finish it before 10th October when Half Life 2: Episode 2 is unlocked...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zelda for DS is a game that was designed with the casual gamer in mind. It's much simpler and linear than other Zelda games. It was purposely made relatively easy to appeal to a wide range of audiences. Anybody complaining about this needs to remember - the DS is in the position it is because of this wide, mainstream appeal.
fuck that, the GameBoy was mainstream too, but Link's Awakening still was a very challenging game...
what's happening to the videogames? :'(
also, why does Nintendo think that a mainstream audience can't solve challenging puzzles? solving puzzles doesn't require any gaming experience...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021