Is zelda worth it

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by MrDunk, Oct 2, 2007.

Oct 2, 2007

Is zelda worth it by MrDunk at 11:56 PM (4,209 Views / 0 Likes) 60 replies

1. MrDunk
    OP

Member MrDunk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If youv'e played Zelda Phantom hourglass please tell me. DO you think it is worth buying?

2. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm not a zelda fan, and i find it enjoyable for sure. i'm not very far into the game, got the boomerang so far and kicking butt in a temple of flames or something like that.

3. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    I haven't ended it yet, but I heard it was pretty easy so it probably isn't lengthy. From what I played so far, It is kinda easy [​IMG].

I say buy it if your a certified Zelda fan. You'll still might enjoy even if you aren't a Zelda fan, but it doesn't live up to other Legendary Zelda games we all know and love.

4. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  5. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Buy it. It's awesome.

6. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Its a heap of shit, do not waste your time...

7. MrDunk
    OP

Member MrDunk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Who is right? this guy or everyone else?

8. ca82686

Newcomer ca82686 Member

United States
    Well, you can either believe the people trying to give you objective views about it (like being a fan of the series or the difficulty or whatnot), or believe the one hater saying it sucks and not giving any real reasons for it XD I'd pick it up (oh noes, buying a game? blasphemy XD)

9. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    pick it up but don't expect something like twilight princess. just enjoy it for what it is [​IMG] and it is very awesome

10. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think this game is definately worth buying and is one of the best games on the DS ever made. The attention to detail, control, puzzles, dialogue and use of the DS hardware is simply amasing. Watch how foot steps are left as the hero walks across the beach, look at how much quicker it is to attack enemies, throw bottles or chickens due to the touch pad control. The music is excellent and has the Zelda signature and known style. It is so plainly obvious that a huge amount of development time and effort was put into this game. I recommend everyone to buy this game to send the developers a strong message so that they create more excellent titles just like this. I will be buying it when it is available online.

11. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As a hardcore Zelda fan since the first game... I don't like it.

And the controls are sooooooo bad, why can't I just f*cking move with the D-Pad!!!

12. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Well im a fan of Zelda since Link to the Past (would have been a fan from the first game if I was born in those time I was 1 year old when the first one came out) and I find the game awsome. the touch pad elements never grow old, I just got the boomrang and damn I find myself using it way more than in any Zelda game. Which is a good thing.

13. WickEd

Newcomer WickEd Member

Zelda for DS is a game that was designed with the casual gamer in mind. It's much simpler and linear than other Zelda games. It was purposely made relatively easy to appeal to a wide range of audiences. Anybody complaining about this needs to remember - the DS is in the position it is because of this wide, mainstream appeal. By creating games that appeal to more people, we receive better hardware, software and services in the long run.

Granted, it's annoying that it's not as epic as other Zelda games. Still fun though.

14. Evilkoko

Member Evilkoko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Been a big fan of Zelda ever since the first one for NES. I've currently only played about 1 hour into PHG but so far it's pretty damn awesome. The controls take a bit to get use to.

15. hollabackitsobi

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I second that. It pisses me off that it's so mainstream and relatively easy(ier) compared to other Zelda games, but it's still a Zelda game and that's what counts. You really can't go wrong with a Zelda game.

16. j5c077

Member j5c077 dood

United States
    IMHO

its quite possibly the best DS game so far
    i didnt like the control at first, but i got used to it
    and i love this game

17. Alastair

Member Alastair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I adored Wind-waker and it's verrry similar; basically Wind-waker Portable with a few elements taken out. I'm not complaining but nothing beats the beautiful blue of the ocean and green grass in Wind-waker on a large monitor. [​IMG]

What are you talking about?
    The Legend of Zelda? Mainstream? I don't know what you're talking about but I would have thought that one of the top 5 most successful game franchises of all time would be relatively unknown! [​IMG]

18. Zombie_Mario

Member Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Getting used to the controls bugged me but other than that the game is awesome.

19. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I can tell this has been dumbed down for a more casual audience but it doesn't bother me at all. I prefer casual games on my DS anyway, I gots my xbox360 for hardc0re gaming.

20. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I am of course.