Gaming Is Twillight Princess HD worth it?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to know your guys opinion,
I have it for the WII.

Yes and No. If you are fan of Zelda.. Yes, go for it because I am and I loved every Zelda games. If you are not fan of Zelda then maybe it is not for you. And if you don't care about the storyline before this game because it can be confused to you about whats going on. Then go for it just for the heck of fun. :)

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.

You are very wrong. Wii version only uses Remote + Nunchuck controls. The Pro controller doesn't even work in Wii games, it works on the Wii U version, though, with the Gamepad as the other option for that version. GC obviously only works with CG controllers (unless in Nintendont or something).
Thanks for clarifying! I was not sure since i never had a controller for My Wii.
Then id say the HD version is much better in that case.

Havent seen the gamecube version but might be better then Wii?

Last edited by biggan1,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing stopping one from downloading and playing the game for free using Wii U USB Helper. HD remakes are rarely worth the money.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to know your guys opinion,
I have it for the WII.
It depends on your view of things. If you are fine with using the Wii Remote to play and don't care about HD textures and amiibo, it's a waste. However, if you want to play with the Wii U Gamepad or the Wii U Pro Controller, would like HD textures, and want to use amiibo, it's a good investment.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you plan on replaying Twilight Princess, I'd say why not. The game looks beautiful, once you go HD graphics it is hard to switch back (recently played Skyward Sword but man, the visuals make me feel like I'm drunk without touching the alcohols).

I don't normally recommend this game to non Zeldafans as a stand-alone, as I don't think the game has aged that well. It is mostly one big empty world with very little to do; Wind Waker HD is what I'd recommend over this.

There is one other thing; if you also play Breath of the Wild AND have the Midna/Wolf-Link Amiibo... Twilight Princess HD has extra content unlocked with it, and of course you can use the Amiibo in BotW depending on your play here. If you care about that sort of thing.

bobbytomorow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing through it right now and I would say for the most part the game is the same as the Wii version however it comes down to how much of a fan you are of the franchise and how much you value visual fidelity. If you do value visuals and are playing on a big screen I would say its absolutely worth it, it looks great playing at 1080p with enhanced textures etc...For me though the big one is being able to play on the gamepad in bed :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Unless you want to pay $75 for the game and the amiibo to access the extra content, no it's not worth it.
The game is only $50 by itself, or $60 with the Amiibo. (My store still sells them MSRP)

Reactions: DeoNaught

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The game is only $50 by itself, or $60 with the Amiibo. (My store still sells them MSRP)
I paid 80 for it, lol. Then again, Canadian dollar sucks.

Reactions: DeoNaught and Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I paid 80 for it, lol. Then again, Canadian dollar sucks.
Yeah, I only commented to him because we're both American, and US prices shouldn't vary unless someone's a scalper. The game isn't even scarce yet. It flat-out doesn't sell. We've had the same 3 copies in our display since last month.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I only commented to him because we're both American, and US prices shouldn't vary unless someone's a scalper. The game isn't even scarce yet. It flat-out doesn't sell. We've had the same 3 copies in our display since last month.
Yeah same here, still a few copies with amiibo in it. I only bought it because of collectable value. Wolf Link amiibo was why I got it. Otherwise I wouldn't have cared lol.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I was able to score the Wolf Link Amiibo by itself at Gamestop for the regular $13 price! Then I installed the game digitally on my Wii U by less-than-honest means... And it's lovely. Though it has the same exact poly-count as the Gamecube version of the same game, just running on newer hardware two generations later. Makes me upset they didn't rebuild the game with fresh models optimized to the Wii U. They just took the Gamecube version, rendered the output to 720p, gave it better textures, and called it a day.

Last edited by Jayro,

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to score the Wolf Link Amiibo by itself at Gamestop for the regular $13 price! Then I installed the game digitally on my Wii U by less-than-honest means... And it's lovely. Though it has the same exact poly-count as the Gamecube version of the same game, just running on newer hardware two generations later. Makes me upset they didn't rebuild the game with fresh models optimized to the Wii U. They just took the Gamecube version, rendered the output to 720p, gave it better textures, and called it a day.
Brand new game! ;)

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No awful motion controls.

Automatically worth it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tp is one of the better zeldas. its for a large portion very straigh forward tho. still a whole lot better exploration than skyward however. if we take the 3ds remakes out of the equasion, i think tp is 2nd best to botw!
Why do people pretend like OOT isn't the best Zelda? by like a mile.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of the game. The HD remakes do however alleviate some of that pain. How? In Wind Waker, the most annoying parts for me were (1) the sailing, and (2) SPOILER getting all 8 pieces of the Tri-Force. In Wind Waker HD you can get the Swift Sail to sail faster, and you only need to get 3 pieces of the Tri-Force, I think. In Twilight Princess, the most annoying feature, other than the Wii remote, was collecting all of the bugs, male and female. I think they simplified that side quest and you either no longer have to get them all, or are told where some are. I don't know, I just know they made it less annoying. Worth a play through, but not a favorite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in