Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThePinkOne said:
Aw I was hoping for something different
tongue.gif

Keep in mind in the DS world, ANY turn based strategy game is said to be Advance Wars like (Even Panzer Assault or command, whatever the hell that game was!). I haven't played it yet, but I'm planning on breaking it out later tonight. Be happy to post impressions once I sink an hour or so into it.

Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing star wars on my psp and dragon ball on my ds so I don't have time to play that. How is exit? I want to try that too.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just played the first 2 tutorials of the DS version. It's not really like Advance Wars past the the fact that they're both grid-based strategy.

The way you have your turns is interesting.

When you start, it is your "Move Phase". You move your units.

Then it is your attack phase. You select units and tell them what to attack. Then it become your move phase again, and so on.

However, this is where it gets interesting. When it is your move phase, it is your opponent's attack phase, and vice-versa.

When you make your moves, they don't take place straight away. Instead you end your phase and THEN your moves take place. Your opponent does the same with attacks. Attacks take place before moves, so when everything moves your units are attacked and then they move. The opposite happens with your attack phase.

This means that when you choose where your units will move, you have to think of what units will be attacked, and choose their position based on that.

For example, you might move a unit to an airport to heal because you think it might be crippled by the attack.

It's pretty fun.

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't like exit either, the controls are very rough, it's really hard to execute a string of actions smoothly

i only like theresia and DB

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hyjacking this thread, I can say that I don't like Exit DS much. Sadly, though. I love it on the PSP, the touchscreen controls really mess it up in comparison.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strider said:
Hyjacking this thread, I can say that I don't like Exit DS much. Sadly, though. I love it on the PSP, the touchscreen controls really mess it up in comparison.

If you want to you can use the button controls (change it in options).

Ontopic: Endwar isn't that great compared to Advanced Wars.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overall, after playing it a bit more (at the end of the first part of the Europe Campaign), I can say it's not really like Advance Wars.

It's different in that there is a hex-grid, as well as the turns being entirely different.

It's also a bit more tactical and HARDER, in my opinion.

Advance Wars has lots of maps where there are bases and you can just spam units.

EndWar is mostly maps where you get a predeployed force and have to work with that. Depots will sometimes have units in them, so they become a strategic turning point. VERY occasionally, you can produce units from said depots.

I enjoy that kind of strategy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy