Is this PSP worth buying?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ron, Feb 1, 2013.

Feb 1, 2013

Is this PSP worth buying? by Ron at 1:35 AM (808 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ron
    OP

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Bunch of images of it here

My friend offered to sell me his PSP, seems to be in good condition, but is missing the battery. Not sure if it's worth buying, it seems to be a PSP-1001. I've actually been looking for a PSP go, but if I can pick this up cheap, I won't really mind.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Looks like a 1000, the original model. Still fully-hacakble and plays all PSP games, but only has half the RAM of the later models so Skype and some homebrew things (PSP game save states, PRO-online, maybe more) don't work on it.

3. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    I'd say it all depends on the price tag. I'd hunt down the price of a replacement battery to see how much you're really gonna pay for it to get it working.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I second Rydian's post - it'll be good for games, however homebrew will be limited to using 32MB RAM only. It's usually best to hunt down early 2000 models or go straight for a 3000/Go, but if "The Price is Right", sure - go ahead. Games are going to work just fine, you're only missing on Skype.