XP
Country
United States

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If it's definitely 2010 manufacture then you should be fine with the the 2504.

Some January-March 2011 machines are hackable, but that's a much more risky purchase.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's definitely 2010 manufacture then you should be fine with the the 2504.

Some January-March 2011 machines are hackable, but that's a much more risky purchase.

Done a few thousand downgrades
2501B models anything before April 2011 has always been 100% hackable for me.

yeah thanks but i think i ll go with the other slim model^^ cuz it s not as old as the 7 year old one and i think it is not as much used as the 7 year old one ^^ and i get 17 games... :D

Reactions: Deleted User

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yeah cuz of the 17 games i guess.. or the usage..

you recommend anything?
such as hdd upgrade or using external hdd for games or using only the internal hdd?
Personal preference. I prefer to upgrade the internal drive because I like everything being inside the console itself (and the 4GB file size limit isn't a problem). Downside is that games much be copied over FTP.

Many people prefer external drives because they can use them on other devices, copy games easier over USB from their PC etc., but files larger than 4GB need to be split because of the limitations of FAT32.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personal preference. I prefer to upgrade the internal drive because I like everything being inside the console itself (and the 4GB file size limit isn't a problem). Downside is that games much be copied over FTP.

Many people prefer external drives because they can use them on other devices, copy games easier over USB from their PC etc., but files larger than 4GB need to be split because of the limitations of FAT32.

yeah i know this thing^^ BUT i have read that usb wears out after a while of using an external... and i ve seen much longer loading times for external hdds... with toshiba and other devices :(
any idea...
i want to go with external cuz of the easy way to transfere games ^^... tbh

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, you've just said the pros and cons yourself so you gotta choose. Or do both.

I like internal, nice and tidy. FTP isn't so slow if you're using wired connection.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you've just said the pros and cons yourself so you gotta choose. Or do both.

I like internal, nice and tidy. FTP isn't so slow if you're using wired connection.

yeah i think game library will be much more than 2tb ^^ this is a problem... cuz i ve had a ps3 ...bacj in the 2008tis and it died (was not hacked )
i ve about 150... games or so (my brother and sister both of them had a ps3 and gave me the used one that died after using it for 1 year..:) and i ve gotten their games...)
one game is about 4 gb big ... and so yeah dam xD and i guess some will be 10 gb big as well...
and i want to run emulators as well :( ps1 and ps2 ...

hmm

i ve another question concerning the external hdd thing
i ve read that 3.5 ones are shitty because they get hot as hell (not good for usb and the actual hdd) ...
and that 2.5 wear the usbs out because they need power that the ps3 can provide...

any help? i ve got to choose
and i dont know which one would do it for me:(

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The USB sockets won't wear out simply through power draw. If there's not enough power, the drive won't operate. Hypothetically, all ports will wear out if you constantly remove and insert cables from them all the time every day. That said, they're pretty sturdy.

2.5mm should be fine, use a Y-cable to use 2x ports if you're worried about power draw. I do this with my Wii U. 3.5 drives will need a full external caddy and its own power source so the heat won't matter to the PS3 itself.

Reactions: Bernhard

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB sockets won't wear out simply through power draw. If there's not enough power, the drive won't operate. Hypothetically, all ports will wear out if you constantly remove and insert cables from them all the time every day. That said, they're pretty sturdy.

2.5mm should be fine, use a Y-cable to use 2x ports if you're worried about power draw. I do this with my Wii U. 3.5 drives will need a full external caddy and its own power source so the heat won't matter to the PS3 itself.

ok i ll take 3.5 i guess because of the powersource (need to charge my sometimes my controller as well :D ) !

another thing to mention would be the brand of the hdd... i dont know which one i d take ^^ any ideas?

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i cant tell him to run that hack ^^ ... this is a guy who knows NOTHING :D about hacking and if he knew... he wouldnt sell it :P

so you think it will be hackable?
you think it came with 3.4?
it's not a hack itself. it just checks the minmum firmware version. tell him you'll give him 5$ more if he can do it and it's hackable

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not a hack itself. it just checks the minmum firmware version. tell him you'll give him 5$ more if he can do it and it's hackable
the cech 2004b is ok? isnt it?
the ps3 is already packed and he doesnt know anything about hacking ...

but the model is ok isnt it?

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)