wesbc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I have a JPN Wii with Wiikey. I wanted to know if it's possible to swap the modded drive to a new US D2C console and get a US modded Wii out of it. Reason to do this is so that I can play some of the games that are region locked in english.

Or would it be better for me to just get the new d2c console modded as it's the better chip currently on the market.

Thanks

wesbc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't it be easier to just unlock all regions with the config disc like I did?

Yup, I understand that. I can play most games on my JPN Wii with wiikey. But some games (resident evil, red steel) are in japanese even though the game is us. Along with some games not working like Fire Emblem.

So I was curious if I swap the wiikey'd dvd drive into a us system, will I get a us modded system. Just weighing my options.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
not a chance, your wii would still be JPN
I'll say it once more then
smile.gif
. Swapping drives works perfectly fine. I've been swapping my drive between three mainbaords (one PAL two JP) for weeks now. Works like a charm.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ahh well I didn't realize that. Hmm well I dunno man u can try it, I'm not sure if the drive is like a PS2 drive where the system won't work with mismatched model/version drives.

Personally I'd just get another d2b off ebay US version they aren't expensive. I mean, I only own one wii right but I own two US xbox360 systems just in case one dies. Same thing just about, I mean the money..

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
not a chance, your wii would still be JPN

I'll say it once more then
smile.gif
. Swapping drives works perfectly fine. I've been swapping my drive between three mainbaords (one PAL two JP) for weeks now. Works like a charm.

I think you misunderstood his question... Drive swapping should work fine, but it will not change the region of your wii.
I think you didn´t understand
wink.gif

"if it's possible to swap the modded drive to a new US D2C console"
Swap the drive to a new D2C USA console
wink.gif

wesbc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you didn´t understand
wink.gif

"if it's possible to swap the modded drive to a new US D2C console"
Swap the drive to a new D2C USA console
wink.gif

Scorpei,

Thanks for the input and it seems you have done this.

Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone.

I currently have a JPN modded Wii with Wiikey and I want a US modded Wii instead.

I was thinking of getting a new US console, likely will be d2c. If I take the drive from the JPN modded Wii and swap it with an unmodded US Wii, will I end up with a US modded Wii? So I can play some of my games in english.

Hope I'm clear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them