Votes: 82 57.7%
  • Fake

Votes: 60 42.3%

• Total voters

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
The guy's other pastes give evidence that he knows what he's doing, and that it's legitimate. But without any idea on how to launch or use it, we're in the dark. :P

Edit: In the 'Swebug' paste he's got results of it working on different consoles and firmwares, and a filename "final.1.12.15.zip" but no download link.

Reactions: Margen67

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried simply renaming it to launcher.dat? The entry point with the web browser from Gateway specifically loads launcher.dat, but perhaps whomever made this modified the entry point to instead go to this bin file. In either case we'd either have to wait for him to release the modified payload or perhaps simply renaming it to launcher.dat would be enough?

This file is double the filesize of Gateway's current Launcher.dat file though.

Mazamin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone tried simply renaming it to launcher.dat? The entry point with the web browser from Gateway specifically loads launcher.dat, but perhaps whomever made this modified the entry point to instead go to this bin file. In either case we'd either have to wait for him to release the modified payload or perhaps simply renaming it to launcher.dat would be enough?

"Some ARM9 (in Launcher.dat format) experimental homebrew can launch the .bin format, but require a 3DS with a System Software version 4.x."
So you need an homebrew to load .bin or you can encapsulate .bin into launcher.dat

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India

This file is double the filesize of Gateway's current Launcher.dat file though.

Someone that's on 9.x SysNAND should try this, with the web exploit to execute the file. I'd try it right now but I'm on 4.2 SysNAND :(

Also, this thread should totally be moved to the Hacking & Custom Firmware section :D

Mazamin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think that it's for a Launcher.dat
Because the .bin is more than 22kb "The size limit is around 19-22kb. In ARM11, code is loaded in a clean memory area, but before jumping to ARM11 it starts in ARM9 and is loaded in the same location, so the problem could happen too."

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't think that it's for a Launcher.dat
Because the .bin is more than 22kb "The size limit is around 19-22kb. In ARM11, code is loaded in a clean memory area, but before jumping to ARM11 it starts in ARM9 and is loaded in the same location, so the problem could happen too."

Try renaming the execute.bin to Launcher.dat and report your results. Try on 4.5 SysNAND and 9.x SysNAND (execute via web exploit)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had a quick look in a hex editor for the heck of it. The only meaningful thing I could find is that it starts with FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 01 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF until 0x10, like the pastebin mentions. The listed key isn't anywhere in the file and there doesn't seem to be any other plain text (the Gateway launcher doesn't really have any other than an identifier either). I know next to nothing about these things, so the rest of it might as well be random garbage to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free