Gaming Is this a safe way to update?

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a used PSP with CFW, it's a FAT model on 3.71 M33-2, i went and downloaded the update from Dark alex, which is on 5.00 m33-4, now, since the PSP i have is rather old, and im not sure if the 5.00 m33-4 update is PSP slim only or something, id like for someone with some experience on this to let me know before i brick my ''new'' PSP..

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShinraArmy said:
I recently bought a used PSP with CFW, it's a FAT model on 3.71 M33-2, i went and downloaded the update from Dark alex, which is on 5.00 m33-4, now, since the PSP i have is rather old, and im not sure if the 5.00 m33-4 update is PSP slim only or something, id like for someone with some experience on this to let me know before i brick my ''new'' PSP..

Firmwares work on any PSP (Well CFW won't work on the S&L yet). So yeah you're safe to update.

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you use the universal unbricker program with the pandora battery it puts 3.71M33 onto your PSP. I then went from this to 5.00m33-4 and it didn't cock up once. So, yes it should work. But it is always best to have a pandora battery and magic memory stick as a backup for any bricks you might accidently do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither