Hacking Is there no tutorial for installing CFW on 4.84.2 HFW?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just bought myself a PS3 Slim with a CEPH 20XX Serial, and just installed a 1TB HDD, but for the life of me I cannot find any clear and concise tutorial (similar to the hacks.guide tutorials) on how to install Rebug on 4.84.2 HFW, not to mention that there aren't any very good explanations for like 90% of the homebrew or CFW options, I have no idea what I could do if I dump my IDPS (whatever the hell that is), I don't understand the difference between NOR or NAND. Does anyone know of a place that can help, is there one being written?

Reactions: Legba013

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just bought myself a PS3 Slim with a CEPH 20XX Serial, and just installed a 1TB HDD, but for the life of me I cannot find any clear and concise tutorial (similar to the hacks.guide tutorials) on how to install Rebug on 4.84.2 HFW, not to mention that there aren't any very good explanations for like 90% of the homebrew or CFW options, I have no idea what I could do if I dump my IDPS (whatever the hell that is), I don't understand the difference between NOR or NAND. Does anyone know of a place that can help, is there one being written?

You have a slim CECH 20XX? You should be able to run CFW (much better than HFW). You can start by reading threads like this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-ps3-4-82-cfw-installation-for-dummies.491117/

Legba013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the step by step guide i used to mod 2 consoles i purchased yesterday. works like a champ, very thorough and includes links for the downloads.

it wont let me post the hyperlink because of my account status, so search for this in google. its the first return.

tutorial-ps3hen-the-great-ps3-hen-all-in-one-guide.24369/

I was very surprised with the amount of garbage on the internet related to modding a PS3. i figured since it was an old console, most of the earlier crap would have fallen at the waist side and replaced by newer stuff. that wasnt the case. I'm fairly tech savvy and my first night after purchasing the consoles, i went to bed thinking i had to buy an E3 NOR flasher. needless to say i was very disappointed. the following day, after spending much time scouring the internet, i came across what i needed. it wasnt easy to find.

Last edited by Legba013,

Terl

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i figured since it was an old console, most of the earlier crap would have fallen at the waist side and replaced by newer stuff. that wasnt the case. I'm fairly tech savvy and my first night after purchasing the consoles, i went to bed thinking i had to buy an E3 NOR flasher. needless to say i was very disappointed. the following day, after spending much time scouring the internet, i came across what i needed. it wasnt easy to find.

Mate, I was in exactly the same boat just 3 weeks ago. I even went further and bought that E3 NOR Flasher hoping to find a NAND cable as it was hinted that one was going to be released. No such luck so I too was I thought, stuffed and out of pocket to boot! Then by sheer chance I happened upon the ps3xploit and now I have a perfectly CFW'd phat PS3 loaded with games and full access to its innards.
People should remove old, can I say even dangerous info that isn't up-to-date or at the least, state that there is or are better options out there. Deary me, the internet can be your best friend or worst enemy. I learnt a lesson over this!

Reactions: Legba013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing