ROM Hack is there anyway i can request a game to be made?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
like is there some site or anyone that would take requests, its a port of an allready existing game, should be easy if ppl can port over Doom and Hexen etc.

if there is anyone whos up for it, (i know this is probably the most n00bish question ever made but it cant hurt to try)the old carmen sandiego game that was on the PC? it'd be friggin brilliant to play on the DS especially if it can somehow run with touch screen controls.
anyways thats it. sorry if its such a n00bish question that your actually in pain from me asking, but as i said, it cant hurt for me to ask, not myself anyways
smile.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Those games are getting ports because the companies that made them released their source codes. Afaik, none of the Carmen Sandiego games had their source code released.

EDIT: Since you're so desperate, enjoy this photoshop'd pic I saw at /v/ a few days ago. May it haunt you and your dreams forever. Bwahahahahaha.
whereintheworld.jpg

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh geez, I actually own that game on the PC. One of the first games my parents ever bought me...and I still have it...

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh really....damn. well then i asked this on the emulation board but noones answered yet so i may as well ask here. theres 3 systems the game is on the DS can emulate, SNES/SMS and C64. i cant get any of them versions to run on my DS. can someone help me out here, at least this way i can still play it on the go. it loads on the SNES version but then crashes, the SMS doesnt load at all, and well i cnat get the whole friggin C64 emulator to work. plz help.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The C64 emulator is so slow, don't even bother.

By the way, to get the C64 emulator to work:
1) Put the games in a folder called "rd"
2) Only .d64 games (disk) will work, .t64 (tape) will not.
3) Put the emu in your root directory (not in any folders) of your card.
4) Load the emu and select your game from the list.
5) Once the blue screen loads, type:
load"*",8,1
6) If game doesn't load after that, then type "run"

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Anyway, the Commodore 64 version looks like poop for today's standards, if you're gonna emulate a port, try the Genesis one if PicoDrive works well... well atleast since I'm not sure if the SNES version is well emulated either...

Oh and the SMS version looks like it's the reason why Carmen Sandiego is hiding too...
mad.gif
gross...

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well yer it looks ugly but the game is hella fun, its kinda like Phoenix Wright how you look for the clues before you can arrest the person obviusly nowhere near is good or deep as PW is but it was awesome back then). i'll try the SMS version one more time.

thanks for the help guys anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...