Hacking Is there Any WBFS managers (GUI or not)

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if others are having this problem but here is the details.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1

500 gig external hardrive (My Book, WD)

The first partition is FAT32
The second is WBFS

When i format my second partition into WBFS from waninkoko's usb loader 1.1 app everything works fine, but the WBFS programs don't work, as in, they can't detect any drives formatted into WBFS. (Even after assigning them a letter)
When i format my second partition into WBFS from any of the GUI programs, everything works fine but then Waninkoko's usb loader 1.1 doesn't detect the partition.
Any fixes for this?

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either use an app man , ot use a partition program to give a drive letter to the partition . works for me.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just assign a drive letter to the WBFS Partition. Not sure how to go about it in vista, I use XP.

In XP its in Control Panel >> Administrative Tools>>Disk Management

And a 500GB WD Mybook with several partitions definitely works with all the WBFS Management apps out there, Its the exact same hard drive I'm using.

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not working for me i get the sub script -9 error. It may be, because im on a 64-bit computer and the msflxgrd.ocx does not support 64-bit computers, that or vista.

Im gona test on my XP machine real quick.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ah, I get that error occasionally.

What works for me is, I either disconnect the hard drive and unplug it (remove the power source) then reconnect it, or, restart the machine if that fails to work.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should work if you format the partition as FAT32 (any other shoould work too) and Primary then format the hardrive with the USB Loader or the wbfs tool and you should be able to asign a letter to the partition.
It seems as windows can´t assign a drive letter if it don´t recognizes the filesystem but if i format the hardrive as FAT32 before formatting as WBFS it´s recognized,i formatted the partition one time with an unusual filesystem and then i wasn´t able to assign the drive letter even after formatting to wbfs.

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works now on Windows XP 32-bit. But now i am getting the error:
USB Drive Not Detected! Plug in the Drive and Click Ok

I already have the WBFS drive assigned a letter just to let everyone know.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
It should work if you format the partition as FAT32 (any other shoould work too) and Primary then format the hardrive with the USB Loader or the wbfs tool and you should be able to asign a letter to the partition.

yep, thats exactly what I did.

I used nIxx's app to format the partition through my PC after formatting the partition to FAT32 with Disk Managment in XP. (Sorry, my bad, i didn't use Disk Management, I used - http://www.compuapps.com/download/Swissknife/swissknife.htm I forgot, sorry about that.)

nIxx's wbfsTOOL

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
crwys said:
I'm not sure if others are having this problem but here is the details.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1

500 gig external hardrive (My Book, WD)

The first partition is FAT32
The second is WBFS

When i format my second partition into WBFS from waninkoko's usb loader 1.1 app everything works fine, but the WBFS programs don't work, as in, they can't detect any drives formatted into WBFS. (Even after assigning them a letter)
When i format my second partition into WBFS from any of the GUI programs, everything works fine but then Waninkoko's usb loader 1.1 doesn't detect the partition.
Any fixes for this?
The cygwin based wbfs tool should work becasue it identifies the WBFS partition by drive number and partition number, not by drive letter.
Get the tool here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LA3GN6LZ

Then in windows, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.
From there you should be able to find what disk number you need, and what partition number within the disk it is.

The tool is used like this:
wbfs -d x -p y init
where x is the disk number and y is the partition number

After that you can use:
wbfs ls
to see the contents of the drive.

You can add, remove and extract using
wbfs add game.iso
wbfs rm GAMEID
wbfs extract GAMEID

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the difference between the disk number and partition number. And how do i find these, i can't see them through disk management. I was able to see the numbers through cmd though. Diskpart > list volume.

lol never mind i see it now, will test and let you know if it works, thanks.

Still no go...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1