Hardware Is there any way to format your wii?

ShadowWaker03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii will power on, but no matter what i do I always receive a completly black screen. so i was wondering is there a way to hard Format your wii, since i cant go to settings and all that other stuff.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't format your Wii if you can't get it to boot. What did you do to make it boot to a black screen?

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fudge said:
You can't format your Wii if you can't get it to boot. What did you do to make it boot to a black screen?

correct me if I am wrong,

But you could format/reinstall the NAND using an infectus, but I don't know how it works

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Also posted in the link xFlak linked to:

Does the Wiimote respond when you start the Wii...? In my experience black screen on startup generally indicated a blown Bluetooth module - especially black screen and no wiimote connection.

You can buy replacements on eBay very cheap

gautam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since u cant go to settings, ur only choice is to send it to Nintendo, they would be able to reformat it themselves. Just remember that Nintendo looks for modchips and homebrew on your Wii, so if you have either one, they will refuse to fix it.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
But you could format/reinstall the NAND using an infectus, but I don't know how it works

There are some conditions:

Either you need a vulnerable boot 1 (The older one that allowed to install bootmii as boot2) or you need a nand backup of your wii nand.
And you need some very good soldering experience.

If it happened suddenly and not after you installed or deinstalled some stuff on your nand, and your remote isn't syncing, than you might indeed
check your bluetooth module.

ShadowWaker03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really sorry for the late reply, but i did everything that everyone has told me to do, other than send it to Nintendo (because it has Homebrewry on it), and nothing seems to work. I really am grateful to everyone who tried to help me, but i'll gove another description to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Ok whenever i power on my Wii i am always given a black screen no matter what i do. My Wiimote works (as in i can press the power button and it will cut on my Wii). I added the files you guys told me to, but i didnt work. IDK about anything too technical (as in the terms) what could be wrong with my Wii, although i did get it when it first came out. I never hacked my Wii until the Year after Brawl came out...so it was '09 when i first hacked my Wii. It stopped working at the beginning of this year, so it could possibly be old age...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1