Is there any way to format your wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ShadowWaker03, May 1, 2011.

May 1, 2011
  1. ShadowWaker03
    OP

Newcomer ShadowWaker03 Member

United States
    My Wii will power on, but no matter what i do I always receive a completly black screen. so i was wondering is there a way to hard Format your wii, since i cant go to settings and all that other stuff.

2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    You can't format your Wii if you can't get it to boot. What did you do to make it boot to a black screen?

3. ground

Member ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    correct me if I am wrong,

But you could format/reinstall the NAND using an infectus, but I don't know how it works

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
  5. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Also posted in the link xFlak linked to:

Does the Wiimote respond when you start the Wii...? In my experience black screen on startup generally indicated a blown Bluetooth module - especially black screen and no wiimote connection.

You can buy replacements on eBay very cheap

6. gautam

Newcomer gautam Advanced Member

United States
    since u cant go to settings, ur only choice is to send it to Nintendo, they would be able to reformat it themselves. Just remember that Nintendo looks for modchips and homebrew on your Wii, so if you have either one, they will refuse to fix it.

7. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    There are some conditions:

Either you need a vulnerable boot 1 (The older one that allowed to install bootmii as boot2) or you need a nand backup of your wii nand.
    And you need some very good soldering experience.

If it happened suddenly and not after you installed or deinstalled some stuff on your nand, and your remote isn't syncing, than you might indeed
    check your bluetooth module.

8. ShadowWaker03
    OP

Newcomer ShadowWaker03 Member

United States
    I am really sorry for the late reply, but i did everything that everyone has told me to do, other than send it to Nintendo (because it has Homebrewry on it), and nothing seems to work. I really am grateful to everyone who tried to help me, but i'll gove another description to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Ok whenever i power on my Wii i am always given a black screen no matter what i do. My Wiimote works (as in i can press the power button and it will cut on my Wii). I added the files you guys told me to, but i didnt work. IDK about anything too technical (as in the terms) what could be wrong with my Wii, although i did get it when it first came out. I never hacked my Wii until the Year after Brawl came out...so it was '09 when i first hacked my Wii. It stopped working at the beginning of this year, so it could possibly be old age...

9. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Dude you bricked your wii. How did you brick it? Did you make a nand backup?

10. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    What kind of AV cables are you using, and can you hear sound?

11. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    Did you install priiloader, check by holding in the reset button and then turning on the Wii.