ROM Hack Is there any utility that lets me extract bcsar to playable audio formats (wav, mp3, etc.)?

TimmSkiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I've taken a look at some tools like Citric Composer and those are WIP for editing those files for music mods, not for extracting music. Is it even possible? I've extracted the .bcsar I want and gotten some weird file extensions like .bcseq, and others. I've also done some research, downloaded even more tools, and got as far as getting .sf2 (sound font 2) files. Absolutely no idea what these are, how to use them/convert them. it would be appreciated if someone can explain further. I'm a complete 3DS noob and the only thing I want is getting playable audio formats from these files.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've taken a look at some tools like Citric Composer and those are WIP for editing those files for music mods, not for extracting music. Is it even possible? I've extracted the .bcsar I want and gotten some weird file extensions like .bcseq, and others. I've also done some research, downloaded even more tools, and got as far as getting .sf2 (sound font 2) files. Absolutely no idea what these are, how to use them/convert them. it would be appreciated if someone can explain further. I'm a complete 3DS noob and the only thing I want is getting playable audio formats from these files.
If you can find a plugin to play them in Winamp or Foobar2000, you can use a special output plugin to write them to a wav/flac/mp3/ogg/opus file. With sequenced formats, it's not a simple conversion process. Said plugins actually emulate the audio hardware to get it as close to the original sound as possible.

TimmSkiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If you can find a plugin to play them in Winamp or Foobar2000, you can use a special output plugin to write them to a wav/flac/mp3/ogg/opus file. With sequenced formats, it's not a simple conversion process. Said plugins actually emulate the audio hardware to get it as close to the original sound as possible.
I actually have all the sounds for the sequences (in .wav), but no real way to turn them into an audio file. I've searched for what you said, and haven't found anything that looks like it could work. I have found a small exe file that converts the .bcseq files into .mid, but the quality is terrible (but it sounds accurate) with very distorted piano sounds. I guess it's not possible.

Last edited by TimmSkiller,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I actually have all the sounds for the sequences (in .wav), but no real way to turn them into an audio file. I've searched for what you said, and haven't found anything that looks like it could work. I have found a small exe file that converts the .bcseq files into .mid, but the quality is terrible (but it sounds accurate) with very distorted piano sounds. I guess it's not possible.
It might not exist.
Looks like this tool can convert them to MIDI (not sure if that is the one you meant - you might be talking about cseq2mid which is older and worse): https://github.com/kr3nshaw/caesar/releases
Once you have a MIDI, you can use that soundfont you extracted in a MIDI player that supports soundfonts to play the MIDI with the correct instruments (and convert it using an output plugin like I mentioned), if you don't use the soundfont it will play with default instruments and probably not sound correct.
With some caveats. The CSEQ format supports some things MIDI doesn't, so some songs might not convert or sound correct. Also, because you're not emulating the original sound hardware, it will probably not sound 100% the same anyway.
Someone will make an input plugin or player capable of playing them through emulation eventually. Maybe Citra itself will be able to play CSAR/CSEQ files (maybe it already does, but I couldn't find anything about it on Google) as I believe DeSMuME does the same thing for DS formats already.

Yuxraal

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, if you remember what you used can you tell me how you got the sf2 files ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021